five

Both of them ended up having three cups of coffee over conversation that day. It was a bit weird in the beginning for Trixie, but once Katya started to open up about her interests and life Trixie was immediately comfortable. They ended up liking a lot of the same thing, from music to tv shows. And at the end of the day, they exchanged numbers as well.

And when Trixie walked into the house with a dreamy smile on her face, her mom knew something was up.

"What's up with you today?" She asked after taking her eyes away from her daughter and back to the meal she was cooking. "You seem almost too happy..."

Trixie just shrugged, propping herself on a bar stool.

"I'm just happy," She said, the same happy smile still placed on her lips as she thought about Katya.

Her mum snorted, nodding sarcastically. "sure," she said, glancing back over at Trixie.

"What girl is it?"

"Who said it was a girl?" Trixie said with a raised eyebrow at her mom.

"I know you're not straight, Trix," She said with a shake of her head, "And I can just tell it's a girl. You got that weird smile on your face."

Trixie huffed, cursing her love for being close to her mom. "Fine, you got me. It's a girl."

Her mom quickly smiled at Trixie's words, turning to look at her now.

"I know that, but what girl?" She said with a small smirk on her face.

Trixie instantly grew worried at that question. Her mom definitely knew who Katya was, because really, who didn't?

"Um..." she trailed off, glancing away from his mom. "Katya Zamolodchikova?"

Her mouth quickly fell open in shock, looking at her daughter just to make sure she was actually telling the truth. "Really? Katya Zamolodchikova?"

"Yeah," Trixie said, biting her lower lip as she fiddled with the hem of her pink skirt. "I know she has a bad reputation and all, but she's really sweet to me."

"She might be sweet to you, Trixie, but that doesn't mean she's a good influence to you. That girl is a bad person," She said, quickly growing worried that her daughter was talking and hanging out with Katya. "I mean, you don't know what kind of stuff she could get you into."

Trixie sighed, knowing this would be her reaction to this. This would be anyone's reaction, honesty. Everyone was scared of Katya and what she could do, and Trixie used to be one of those people, but not anymore.

"I know she could get me into some bad stuff mum, but I know how to defend myself. I'm not 15 anymore," She said, cringing slightly as she remember that time only two years ago.

"If you say so," Her mom said, frowning as she turned back to the pot she was stirring.

Trixie bit her lower lip, glancing at her mum for a few seconds before walking up to her room.