fifty-seven

Trixie Mattel was laid across her bed, her head resting in Katya Zamolodchikova's lap as she scrolled through her phone. It was silent aside from the soft music Katya put on, but it was peaceful. Katya had her fingers running through Trixie's hair, her other hand holding her phone as she typed out a text.

"Look how cute this puppy is," Trixie said softly, breaking the silence as she held a picture of a small puppy for Katya to see.

Katya glanced up to look at the picture, a small smile rising on her face.

"Almost as cute as you," She teased, her smile widening as Trixie's cheeks went rosy.

Trixie was silent again after that, but it's been that way a lot lately. Katya didn't mind it, but she did get a bit bored of it sometimes. She missed how Trixie used to be so full of life, always making jokes and giggling and teasing. But, Katya also knew it was only a matter of time before that Trixie was back.

It has gotten better since the other night, though. Trixie has been less distant towards Katya, but was a bit picky with the touching and kissing. Trixie was just thankful that Katya has been so great during this, since she was sure that Katya would of been gone by now.

Katya has been very understanding though, always asking before she kisses or touches the smaller girl. Katya just wants Trixie to be comfortable around her.

"Katya?" Trixie asked after a few minutes, her voice quiet. She seemed a bit unsure when she spoke, and and Katya wanted to change that as soon as possible.

Katya looked up from her phone again to look down at Trixie.

"Yeah, baby?" She asked, raising her eyebrow as she stroked the smaller girl's hair gently.

"I love you," She said, a small, bashful smile on her face as she looked at Katya.

Katya smiled fondly, shaking her head at her words.

"You dork," She muttered, "I love you too, yeah?" She made sure not to sound like she was teasing too much, she made sure she sounded sincere, so that Trixie would believe it.

Trixie nodded and smiled slightly, turning her attention back to her phone. Katya loved to see Trixie smile, especially lately. It was just one more step to progress. Although, Katya has noticed that Trixie's been very clingy lately, but she didn't mind it too much.

The small girl has also been more insecure, but Katya was kind of expecting that to happen. So, she has been making sure to remind Trixie how cute she really is.

Katya hates what Jessie has done to Trixie. Katya hates Jessie. She never wants to hear that name again, and she's sure Trixie doesn't want to either. Katya was just glad that Trixie has people who care about her this time around, and that she didn't have to suffer alone like the first time it had happened.

Trixie was getting increasingly better though, especially since Katya had been reassuring her that she wasn't going anywhere. Trixie had the thought of Katya leaving her imprinted in her head, but she is starting to push that out of her mind.

Trixie wasn't sure what she was feeling. She was feeling a lot better than three weeks ago, but she also wasn't feeling the best yet. She has been spending a lot more time with Katya, even more than he was before this happened. Katya made her feel comfortable and safe, even if at times she thought the opposite.

Trixie was glad she had someone like Katya to help her through all this. And with the help of Katya, she also had her mom. Everything seemed to be looking up for Trixie, even if it'll take her a while to see it.

—————
a/n: my next fic is gonna be on as soon as i finish this one ❤️❤️