forty-one

It was after school now, the time Trixie has been dreading all day. She felt a bit better now, knowing Katya was going home with her, although she knew she would get shit about it from her mom later.

She made her way to her locker to meet Katya, and of course, the older was waiting for her. The two linked hands and they made their way to Katya's car to leave.

"Are you still nervous?" Katya asked gently as she started to pull out of the school's parking lot.

Trixie shrugged, chewing at her lip as she fiddled with her seatbelt.

"Kind of? I feel a lot better now that you're going with me," She said with a small smile at Katya. "It's still a bit nerve wracking though, to see him after such a long time."

Katya hummed as she started to drive to Trixie's house.

"I get it," She nodded as she reached over to hold Trixie's hand. "I won't let him touch you though, he will never touch you again."

Trixie only smiled, and they were already pulling up at her house. She hopped out of the car quickly, meeting Katya to walk up to the door. Trixie grew more anxious as she opened the door, hearing the familiar voice that she never wanted to hear again.

"Oh! Trix must be home!" Trixie heard her mum exclaim and jump up. Trixie pulled Katya into the house and shut the door behind them, walking more into the hallway to meet her mother.

"Oh," she said again once she saw Katya, her eyebrows furrowing, "We are in the living room." She turned on her heels to walk out, but not before shooting Katya a glare.

Trixie took a deep breath as she watched her mum go into the living room. "I don't think I can do this Katya," she muttered softly, her hand reaching out to grab ahold of Katya's.

"You can, I know you can," Katya muttered in response, squeezing Trixie's hand gently. "I'm here and nothing will happen, promise."

Trixie nodded, swallowing thickly as they walked into the living room. She didn't drop Katya's hand, it was her only source of comfort at the moment. The first thing she saw was Jessie. She looked the same as two years ago. Jessie still had the same dirty blonde hair, but styled a bit different and he still had the same shocking green eyes. He was a bit better built now, taller and more muscular, but there was something in his eyes that made Trixie shiver. And not in a good way.

"Come sit, Trixie! It has been so long since we last saw you," Mary said happily, a large smile on her face as she pointed to the empty love seat.

Trixie walked silently to the couch, pulling Katya with her and they both sat down.

"Hi Mary," She finally said, a fake smile taking over her face, "And Jessie."

Jessie smiled at Trixie, but something behind it seemed so menacing that Trixie couldn't deal with.

"Trixie, nice to see you again," He spoke, voice lower than she remembered and a lot smoother. "You look as lovely as I remember, still cute."

Trixie could hear her mum coo, and she couldn't believe that Jessie was saying these things with her hand obviously intertwined with Katya's.

"Uh, thanks," She said quietly, "Nice to see you again, too."

"Who is this with you, Trixie?" Mary asked, gesturing over to Katya, who had remained silent.

Trixie smiled, a real one this time at the mention of Katya.

"Oh, this is my girlfriend, Katya," She said, smiling widely.

She knew they weren't actually dating, yet, but it was worth it to see the look on Jessie's face.

Mary's eyebrows lifted.

"Oh?" she asked, a bit shocked. "Your mum didn't say anything about you being gay- she was even suggesting that you and Jessie get back together."

"Oh, well I don't see me and Katya ending anytime soon," Trixie giggled, smiling fondly when she saw Katya smile. She squeezed her hand gently.

Jessie snorted. "Yeah, sure," He laughed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What?" Mary asked her son, but Jessie just shook it off with a quiet 'nothing'.

The conversation went on between the five for an hour. Just all of them catching up, although Trixie couldn't help but be uncomfortable every time she could feel Jessie staring at her. She was just glad she had Katya by her side, or she was sure she would have gone insane by now.

———————
a/n: thanks for this guys it makes me really happy to see my works this appreciated 💓

———————a/n: thanks for this guys it makes me really happy to see my works this appreciated 💓