twenty-eight

Katya was sat underneath Trixie's locker the next day, picking at the skin around her nails as she waited. She was anxious, only because she had spent a painful night of thinking the night before. She was so focused on her thoughts, that she didn't hear Trixie approaching.

"Katya?" Trixie sang slightly, nudging the girl's thigh with the toe of her white platform boots. She started to grow nervous when Katya didn't say anything, but got up slowly. "What's up?"

Katya chewed at her lip, resting her shoulder against the locker.

"I wanted to ask you something?" She said, a tone of uncertainty that Trixie didn't like.

Once Trixie nodded, Katya began to talk again. "So, um, y'know how yesterday you were talking about meeting my family? Well I have thought about it a lot and, really, what's the worse that can happen? Do you want to have dinner with me and my family tonight? I will introduce you to everyone, properly."

Trixie was taken aback, shocked that the words even left Katya's lips.

"For real?" She asked, and when Katya nodded Trixie smiled brightly. "Of course I wanna meet your family, you bitch!"

She exclaimed happily, pecking Katya's lips shortly after. "Do you think they will like me?" She asked curiously, turning to swirl her combination in her locker.

"They are gonna love you," Katya said with a smile, happy to see Trixie so excited. "Who couldn't love you?"

She teased slightly, poking Trixie's deep dimple with her pointer finger. Trixie poked her tongue out at Katya.

She rolled her eyes as she grabbed her books and shut her locker. "Whatever, sure, see you soon, then?" She said, kissing Katya's lips before she was off to class.