Win or Lose

“Peter Parker? Parker Peter? Benjamin Parker Peter? Parker Benjamin Peter? Does that ring a bell? Yes? Good, cause he comes straight to you, girl”, your best friend warned you, looking past your shoulder, as you two stood in the hallway of the Midtown High School. Just a blink ago you talked about how hard the physic-project would be, before (Y/bf/N) spotted Peter.

“Just act natural, (Y/N). He is your best friend, not your crush. Repeat it, love”, they whisper in your ear, gripping on your shoulders to prevent you to jump around, like a tiny rubber ball.

Best friend, not crush!

He showed you a bright smile, brought his hand up to wave at you. His lips curved into a wry smile, which made your face grew even hotter.

Best friend, not crush

Peter stepped closer, his brown puppy dogs glued on you, as if he doesn’t want to miss a thing you do. As if he could sense your feelings towards him. As if he knew everything.

“Hey, (Y/N). (Y/bf/N)”, he smiled at you, touched your upper arm, before he let his arms down to hang lazy around.

“Hey, friend… Peter, I mean Peter”, you stumbled, closing your eyes to slap yourself in your imagination.

“How was class?”, he looked at your physic-books, then again in your eyes.

“It was crushed, eh, rushed. Mr. Sanders had to leave a bit earlier, you know?”, you spoke quickly, in high hope, that he didn’t heard your small mistake. “He’s always a little bit… weird, right?”, Peter laughed, slightly squeezing your arm.

Best crush, not friend!

You almost screamed out loud. His touches were so naturally, so… kind and calming. Feeling his skin on yours, and even if it was just his fingertips on your shoulder, always leaves a burning sensation on you.

“Yeah, right. He was. Anyway, where are you he…”, the audible steps from Ned interrupted you. He was running towards you, his backpack bouncing like crazy, as well as his dark hair. He stopped right next to you, your best friend and peter, breathless and panting.

“P… Peter, Liz… Liz turned flash down… Just now…”, he exhalated between breathes.

Peters eyes go wider, his posture stiffens a bit and you could swear his hair stood up.

“Gotta go!”, he excused himself, as he ran away with Ned.

•~• 

The surrounding of the Coffee-shop you two met after school were unclear to you, since you passed out a bit, thinking about Peter. Yes, you had a few daydreams about him, but who could judge you? Everybody has them about their crush, right? Right.

“Just ask him, (Y/N)! What could you lose?”. (Y/bf/N) took a sip of their drink, placed the cup on the table again and poked your side, which made you flinch a bit. “If he turns you down, he’s a complete Idiot”, a small laugh escaped their mouth.

Taking your own cup full of your favorite soft drink and bringing it to your lips. “I could lose my friendship with him? And pretty much all of my confidence, (Y/bf/N)?” You took the green straw between your lips and drank a few sips.

“Or you could win all of that, and even more. It’s like a game, sweetheart. Risk it or not. Win or lose”

Deciding to risk it, you dragged your best Friend into a paper shop to buy some supplies, you’ll definitely gonna need. A few pens in different colors, a huge sheet of white paper and a itsy bitsy tiny Yoda-plushie as a keychain.