Goddess 38: Kabuto

*Akura's PoV*

Itachi and I are currently running in the forest searching for Kabuto when I felt a presence from below us.

"Wait!" A male voice from behind suddenly called us out. We continued running but Itachi look back at him.

"You are Itachi right!?" I snickered at his question.

"Your brother is stupid." 

"Hn." I continued snickering because of Sasuke's stupidity. 

"I said wait!" Sasuke exclaimed trying to catch up to us. "Are you listening to me!?" 

His Susano'o is about to grab Itachi when Itachi activated his to deflect Sasuke's Susano'o.

"Incredible." Itachi complimented. "You also became able to use this technique."

"Why are you here? You should be dead!" He asked.

"Can't you see, Sasuke." We are still running through the thick branches. "He's pretty much alive. You should probably thank Kimiko and I who save him from his near death experience."

"We cannot stop now. We have important things to do." Itachi said before speeding up. 

"I don't care about that! Now you are in front of my eyes... There is a mountain of things I want to ask you!"

"Even if I tell you to leave it for later, you would not listen to me huh..." Itachi replied.

"Do you remember what you said to me!?" Sasuke asked his Sharingan is glaring at me. Woah.. What's the matter? "So why are you running away!? Do you feel guilty because you lied to me!?  Or you don't have the courage to tell me the truth!?"

"Do you want me to burn him?" I asked. Itachi didn't respond so I'm assuming it's a no. 

Smart, Akura.

"I already know everything about you." He continued. "That's why I decided to destroy Konoha!"

"I already told this to you when we fought. People live inside their convictions if you think that way. If your truth is  just an illusion then the truth about me in reality is.."

"I'm not an illusion anymore! I can see through your genjutsu!" Sasuke interrupted what Itachi is about to say. 

"Your confidence when you talk did not change but they told me what you did until now. You quite change." Itachi said looking back at Sasuke. 

"That's wrong! You were the one who change everything about me. I should've died! You were supposed to kill me and my parents together! And yet..." He stop for a moment as if he is reminiscing something from the past. "Why I was the only one? Why I was the only one to survive?"

"You didn't know anything about what was happening that time." Itachi answered. "You didn't know anything about the Uchiha clan's foolish idea. You were just a kid. Plus it wasn't for your sake alone. I also thought that one daw I should be judged for the crimes I committed by an Uchiha like you. For that sake, I used the hatred within you. And that's why I failed. The only thing I did was giving the hatred to you and making flee from the village. I turned you into a criminal. I wished that you would walk the right path and yet from the moment I was gone, you are walking the wrong path. You were enticed into a straight path without branching roads. I wanted to rewrite the indication on your path with my lies  and efforts."

"You wanted me to walk on that path while I was ignorant about the truth!? I don't wish to walk on a such path!" Sasuke exclaimed.

"Just as you said, you have decided the path you want to walk."