chapter 5

The next day at the salon,  I had a slow day.  I went over the inventory and did some ordering for the month.  I could hear my phone the phone ring. Me" FabLocks salon how may I help you ". His voice echoed in my ear " hello there ".  Me" how may I help you? ".  S" are you busy?".  Me" what is this about ?".  He moaned in the phone and laughed.  S" you will see".   He hung up and I let it go. Half hour passed I finished up and was going back to my desk and I caught sight of those seductive hazel eyes. S" hi ". Me" what can I do for you ". He came  over to then counter and leaned into it. S" come  to lunch with me ". Me" how does you fiancé feel about that?".  S" I don't care what she thinks. I'm asking you to go to lunch ". Me" yea, I don't really go for guys that like to cheat on their chicks. There's a strip club down the road if you wanna.... ".  S" not my type if scene. ".  Me " what is your type of scene then? ".  S" lunch with you ".  He smiled and I thought, well hell he's persistent.  Me" sorry to disappoint you, but I already have plans ".  S" you got a man or something? ".  Me" no actually I'm gonna go meet my girlfriend ".  His eyes went wide and he grinned.  S" hey I'm ok with having her there too ".  Me" I have work to do are we finished?".   Shannon stood up straight and said" yea....yea were done ".  He grabbed his keys and left my shop.   I sent a text to Jared and asked me to meet me for Chinese in a half hour . He replied back and said he would pick me up.  I had to admit, Jared was getting to me and I was willing to give him a chance.  Why the hell not.  Time passed and he pulled up and I grabbed my purse and headed to meet up with him.  I looked over and seen him sitting in this sweet ass car. I could see his smile, my body temp went thorough the roof.   He got out and opened the door for me and I sat down.    He started to pull out from the curb and I looked over to see Shannon getting into his car. He seen me and smiled.  I could only imagine what he was thinking.  He wasn't mine, so it was just a passing glance meant nothing. Or so I thought.