Chapter Forty-eight

Dedicated to DamilareRhodaAnuma

Michael's POV
I arranged the slices of bread, the cup of tea and the jar of orange juice on the tray in an attractive manner before heading to Raquel's room where she was sound asleep.

I could tell she was in a deep sleep from the way she was snoring softly. I broke into a soft smile when she slightly turned in her sleep before uttering some incoherent words, and pulled the blanket around her again.

I careful placed the tray on the bedside and went to pull her curtain to the side to allow fresh air into the room.

I made an attempt to wake her up but decided against it and just sat on the bed whilst I watched her sleep.She kept smiling in her sleep and that got me intrigued. I really wanted to know what she was dreaming about.

I couldn't pinpoint what was so unique about her that she easily got me wrapped around her finger. It was a fact that she was incredibly beautiful and damn curvy and was smart. But I have been with women like that before and had always been in control. They always wanted to please me and not the other way round.

With Raquel I felt kinda out of control. I couldn't predict her and I was totally smitten with her. Was it that I liked the chase? I just couldn't pinpoint why I liked her, scratch that I love her and there was no denying that.

Now she was about to have my babies but she keeps pushing me away. The fact that the more she denies me access to her, the more I want her baffles me.

"Micheal you scared me. What the hell are you doing in my room?" Raquel blurted out suddenly, which brought me out of my thoughts.

"You are awake?" I questioned rhetorically.
" I brought you breakfast," I informed her whilst I pointed towards the food.

" Thank you but next time don't enter my room without my permission and keep it on the dinning table. I prefer to eat there," She stated with a roll of the eye before she sat up.

I got mad at the statement but decided  to act cool. Display of emotions were for girls not men. What a bitch. I blame my heart for choosing you. I thought.

"My bad. I thought you girls liked to be offered breakfast in bed," I replied whilst I  tried my hardest to keep a neutral face.

" Then sorry to bust your bubble, am not like every ordinary girl and even if I want that, it should be from a special person I care about not you," She responded in slack voice.

That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like pushing her off the bed to make her land on her butt on the floor  but I decided against it when I realised it could cause complications for the pregnancy.

I just took hold of her arm and pulled her into a hug which made her gasp in surprise .

" You know am special right. The fact that I can make your heart rate increase in a second and make your panty twist in anticipation of what I  can do to your body should prove to you," I whispered in her ears huskily, before she  started to struggle out of my hold.

" See the goosebumps on your skin. You clearly want me," I told her after I released her from my hold, slightly amused at her stubborn ass.

" Just get out of my room or better still my life," she said in a determined voice.

" I will gladly do so after you pop out my babies and I take them away from you. For now I need to make sure they arrive safely into this world.

" They are not your babies," she stated ones again.