Chapter six

Dedicated to EdsonPrempeh

I woke up to the sun streaming down my face. I stretched my hands and felt my husband's side empty. I sat up, rubbing my eyes to adjust to the light, yawning in the process.

"Honey," I started calling out.

Where can he be? I wondered.

He was usually home on Saturdays. I stood up to check the bathroom as I couldn't hear the bathroom tap running. My eyes landed on the note on the floor beside the bed.

'Have an urgent meeting today. Will be home late. Don't leave me food. *Ps *You look too beautiful asleep didn't want to disturb' you.

My face brightens up with a smile as I set the note down.
I went to the bathroom to freshen up. Today is Saturday which means a lazy day for 'moi'. I laid back in bed to look through my phone. I clicked on the popup notification on the phone and nearly smack myself in the head.

Today is Nelly's birthday. How can I simply forget something like that? I quickly used her as my watsup status and gave her a phone call to wish her.
I dressed up and left for the bakery shop to order a special cake for Nelly to be delivered home. We will be meeting at 8 pm at Scootch hotel to celebrate.

I headed home around 3 pm and met Michael at the entrance of the house. I decided to walk past him without glancing at him. He grabbed my left arm and pulled me back.

"What?" I voiced out annoyed.
He looked amused at my expression.

"Be ready at 7 pm, Nelly said I should come with you," He stated calmly and left without waiting for my reply.

I shrugged it off and walked inside. I wasn't up for any of his drama today, besides I was too tired and needed to take a nap.
I woke up to realize it was almost 6 pm. I needed to start preparing for Nelly's birthday dinner. I decided on a red straight dress with a lower cut at the back and combined it with heels.

It was now a few minutes to 7 pm and the cake was nowhere in sight. I called the Bakery shop and apparently, they were facing difficulties in locating my address due to a few errors they made in writing it down. Michael came to knock at my door impatiently instructing me to get into the car before ten minutes elapsed without waiting for my reply. I got into the car and told him about the delay in the delivery of the cake.

''That's your problem, settle it. I can't wait for you."

What were his exact words when I told him about the delay? I angrily got out of the car banging on the door in the process. He didn't even flinch and drove away leaving me behind. The cake arrived about half an hour later and I called a cab to get to the hotel.

Michael, Nelly, Frank, and a guy I didn't know were already seated when I got there. I presented the cake and apologized for being late. Nelly brush it off as I could tell she was in an exceptionally bright mood today. She excitedly introduced the new guy to me as Tony. I could tell there was more to their relationship.

We all eased into conversation enjoying ourselves when Frank suddenly asked what Tony thought about Nelly.

"She is a beautiful smart lady whom I would like to know more about if she gives me a chance," He said, lovingly gazing at Nelly.

Nelly smiled shyly without saying a word. Frank pushed further, asking whether Nelly will like to do that.

"I like him okay," Nelly stated frankly and we all burst out into laughter.

"Frank stop playing cupid," I reprimanded him in a playful tone.

"Nelly would have done more than this if we were in her shoes," Frank clarified.

"I couldn't agree more," I responded.

"Guys, will you stop!" Nelly whined shyly.

"We wish we could," Frank and I stated simultaneously.

"It amazes me that Nelly like young guys. I thought you were also into older men like Raquel here. What happened to birds of a feather flocking together? All the same, is good you didn't allow Raquel to influence you. I can see that not all ladies like money like someone here," Michael blurted out with a stoic expression.

Silence like a heavy blanket suddenly fell on the table. Tony, Frank, and Nelly glanced at me with pity. That was all I could take of that look before my eyes got teary. I pushed my chair back and run out of the restaurant. Not watching where I was going. I was furious.

I didn't know what I will have done if I had stayed there. I didn't want to end up spoiling Nelly's birthday. I found myself in the hotel pool area trying to calm myself down. I heard footstep approaching and I knew Frank had followed me here to get me back to the table.

"Frank doesn't tell me to go back in there after what that Jerk did. I can't face him now without putting a bullet through his thick head. That spoiled brat who knows nothing about hardship, always judging and belittling me," I stated angrily.

"How do you think I should handle this situation, Frank," I asked on the verge of angry tears now.

I turned to listen to Frank's reply when I noticed it was Michael all this while leaning against one of the tables beside the pool looking at me intently.

"Why did you follow me out here?" I asked livid now.

"You belittling me back there, isn't enough huh?" I questioned him.

"Cut the crap," He retorted

"I'm not here to play pity party. You act all tough and you run away at a mere statement," He mocked.

"Don't talk shit like you know me," I stated with a raised voice.

"You don't know what I have been through to get this far," I continued heatedly.

"That's easy to know. Even a kid could take a guess. You just stuck to the first man who could take you out of your poverty and I can tell you will go to great lengths to keep it that way," He retorted with a smirk knowing his words were getting under my skin.

"How dare you!" I said with a look of disdain as my palms connected with his face.

I stood facing him as he quickly masked the look of surprise on his face. We stood glaring at each other as the moonlight reflected on his face. I could feel hate emanating from his body, with his face unreadable now. His chocolate orbs were mesmerizing and effortless pulling me in and I couldn't break the gaze as I felt rooted there.

I suddenly felt his arm wrapped around my waist as he pulled me against him, crushing his lips on mine just when I was about to take a step back. The kiss was nothing but rough and demanding. His smooth soft lips were smoldering mine and I couldn't pull away. I responded with equal intensity, my lips moving in sync with his.

A tingling sensation spread throughout my body as I was firmly pressed against him now with no space between us. He grabbed the butt made me gasp, and he took the opportunity to explore my mouth, with our tongues fighting for dominance.

I felt his hand go up under my dress caressing my thighs viciously. His touches were hot and I was burning now. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he roughly hoisted me onto the table. I groaned. Knowing my waist would be hurting in the morning.

Everything screamed at me to pull away from him but I couldn't. My hands began to trail down his chest. I wanted to feel every inch of him. I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He trailed down kisses on my neck, tugging my hair, which made me lean back to give him more access.

I softly moaned whilst he nibbled down on my neck. He came back to kiss me fervently on the lips setting me on fire now. I kissed back with no shame and restraint, wrapping my arms around his neck. Our lips finally patted, with our heartbeat the only sound I could hear.

I slowly opened my eyes dreading what will be coming next, to see him already looking at me. As if he was trying to decipher me. The look in his eyes was purely lusting with a hint of something I couldn't place my hands on. He runs his hands through his hair, looking back down at me once more, and left.

I sat at the table confused now. What the hell just happened?

What do you think about this chapter!!!
Remember to vote if you liked it!