Chapter fifteen

Dedicated to user21055314 (Jerome Victor)

She abruptly stopped what she was doing and stared at me.

"Nobody you want to know!" she snapped before going back to what she was doing.

"This is my house and you will answer me!" I chided.

"The last time I checked, it belonged to Dr Yeboah," she retorted.

"What belongs to my husband belongs to me," I snarled raising my voice in anger.

"Girl go build yours, and stop using marriage as a leverage," She lashed out.

"Get out of my house! " I commanded getting irritated at her reaction.

"No! I'm not taking a step out of here," She barked tapping her foot to emphasise her stance.

That was the final straw, this is my house and I won't tolerate any whore.  I took hold of her top and started dragging her out. She resisted by pushing me backwards. We both slipped and she landed on top of me.

I let go of her top as a result and she took that opportunity to slapped me.  I headbutted her and pushed her off me. I quickly sat on her to prevent her from getting up.  She started kicking her legs, making it difficult for me to keep hold of her.  I held onto her hair and pulled it. She screamed out which attracted the attention of Ama.

She came running in and tried separating us, but we both held on, not letting go. She run out when she heard the beep of a car horn. We were still at each others throat when I heard the booming voice of my husband.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" he questioned taking hold of my waist and pulling me into him.

I kicked harder trying to loosen his hold on me. He held on tightly as Ama stood in front of the lady in question. I stopped kicking out when I suddenly felt faint, seeing dark spots on my eyelid. Then suddenly, everything went blank.

******
I was in a hospital room when I woke up,  Dr Yeboah was holding onto my hands.
"How did I end up here?" I questioned whilst I tried to sit up.

"You fainted," He said.

"How?" I asked. My mind still fuzzy.
" You hit your head during the fight." He explained.

"Lie down," He stated out of concern when I winced in pain.

"No!" I refused, remembering he was to be blamed for my predicament.

"Why the sudden mood changed? " He mused.

" How can you bring your mistress in our home? Has it finally come to that? You hurt me so bad the last time and now I was just gone for one week and you had the guts to bring a woman into our home, " I stated furiously.

"No is not what you think," he said still holding onto my hands.

"Don't do this,  please don't lie. I can't take it anymore," I said my voice reducing to a sob.

"Let me explain things to you dear," He told me in a calm voice.

" I'm not in the mood to listen to your lies okay? Just go!" I said forcefully, in a horsey voice.
He looked at me thoughtful whilst he reluctantly got up.

"See you home soon," he said and left quietly.

I carefully lied down when he left, as my head was beginning to ache. I closed my eyes to clear my head when I was suddenly overwhelmed with so many emotions. This was not the marriage life I bargained for. Everything was in a mess and it seems I couldn't just make things right. I used my left hand to wipe away the silent tears, chastising myself for being weak.

The nurse came in a few minutes later to check on me,  before finally discharging me.  I called Nelly several times but her line wasn't going through, so I decided to call Frank.  He was my only option for now. Frank rushed over and offered to carry me bridal style to his car. I laughed at his offer and held his hand instead.

"Raquel?" Frank called out softly and I turned to look at him.
He kept staring at me in admiration with a mixture of something I couldn't put my hands.

"Frank are you going to talk now," I asked faking impatience.
He chuckled and took my hand, holding it in a way that made me feel fragile and protected at the same time.

"Forgive me, sweetheart, for not helping you out that day. I know I was a coward back then, " He pleaded with puppy eyes.

" You helping me out today has cancelled the debt," I responded with a smile.

He let go of the breath he was holding in and gently rubbed his thumb across my hands.
We arrived at my house and it seemed Frank didn't want to let me go. He kept bringing up random topics until I informed him it was getting dark and I needed to go.  He wearily let go of our intertwined hands and told me to be careful. I waved and headed inside.

I was about to enter my bedroom when I was suddenly turned and pushed against the door.

"What the hell Michael!!" I blurted out confused at this action.

" What were you doing in the car with Frank?" He growled, his jaw tightly clenched.

" Nothing that concerns you, " I snapped.

" Do you want him!?" He demanded.

" What the hell are you talking about?" I questioned getting irritated at the way his nearness was affecting my body.

" Can't you see he wants you in more ways than one," He stated bitterly.

" He is just a friend," I snapped trying to push him off me.

"How can you be so naive?" He said with a "tsk" before running his middle finger up and down my arm.

"Do you want him to do this before?" He stated huskily in my ear, and took hold of my earlobe slightly in his mouth, before brushing his lips against mine.
I shivered involuntarily at the touch of his lips, as I held in a moan,  goosebumps spreading over my body.

"What if I do want him to desire me in more ways than one? " I riposted pushing him off me.

He took hold of my arms roughly and held them together with one hand above my head. His eyes darkened and turned pitch black at the statement. He pushed himself further against me and stared down at me, the look in his eyes intimidating me.

"If I ever see you alone with him, I swear I will.. " He couldn't finish his sentence before we were interrupted by approaching footsteps.

"Michael ?" we turned in horror at the sound of the voice.

Who could the intruder be?
Vote, comment, share and follow my account at Gyimaya.!!!