Chapter Eleven

Dedicated to Asibi_nsoh

I left the hotel with a heavy heart, my eyes brimmed with tears. I walked slowly back to the cab, dragging my feet along, clearly defeated. The taxi driver turned to look at me at regular intervals anytime I sniffed, with pity in his eyes.

I was starting to get agitated at his continuous staring which made me snap at him to concentrate on driving. Yet still, he was gazing at me through the driving mirror.

My mind was in torment as my calls to Nelly kept going to voicemail. Whom do I turn to now? She was like a pillar to me and I needed her more than ever. I was torn between going home and roaming about in town. I just didn't know how to react.

My heaven came crashing down and I have realized my world was far from perfect. Why did he cheat on me? Was I not beautiful enough? Was I lacking in any way? The fact that he jumped in her defence felt like I was being stabbed a thousand times with a knife. I thought he loved me, so why did he do this to me?

"Madam! we are at your house now. " I heard the taxi driver call out pulling me out of my thoughts.

My intestines coiled at the sight of the house, filling my mouth with bile. My safe heaven didn't feel safe anymore. In this house, I have been living a lie. My marriage was nothing like it seemed, it was a mere charade. I hated myself for being naive.

I got out of the cab and run towards the house in anger. I entered our bedroom and the thought of sharing a bed with him now was killing me. I can't stay in one room with him for a second.

I might end up killing him. I took a suitcase out and roughly started pulling his things out of the wardrobe and dropping them in.  I'm taking his things straight to the guest room.  I was still in the process of packing his stuff out of the room when the door opened.

"What the hell is going on here?" Dr Yeboah demanded in a raised voice.

"Packing your things out of this room what else?" I shouted back.

"This is my house and you can't decide where I will sleep! " He bellowed, snatching the suitcase out of hands.

"If you won't leave, I will leave," I retorted taking my clothes out of the wardrobe.

"You won't take a step out of this room," he snapped.

"We are going to continue to sleep together as husband and wife. Get it into your thick skull," He chastised holding onto my wrist firmly.

I snatched my hands out of his hold.

"Don't you dare touch me. I am going to do what I want and you can't stop me," I stated firmly.

"You belong to me and you will do as I say!" He commanded.

"I am my own person and I have the right to take any decision I want," I stated heatedly looking straight into his eyes.

"I feed you, clothed you and provided you with shelter single-handedly and you stand here trying to dictate for me?" He questioned rubbing his nose out of frustration.

"You don't even love me, so why are you trying to keep me here?" I questioned hitting his chest continuously in anger.

He took hold of my hands to stop me from hitting him further.

"I love you OK,  please understand that," he said looking straight into my eyes.

I started laughing hysterically at the irony of the situation until it turned into sobs.

"Are you for real? I questioned in a hurt voice.

"You were just defending your lover about thirty minutes ago and you stand here talking about loving me!" I demanded picking a bundle of his clothes and to haul it at him.

"I'm using her just for fun, besides how can you use my affair to judge my love for you, when I provide you with everything you want. " He defended, clearly not seeing anything wrong with his actions.

I groaned in annoyance at his arrogance pulling my hair. That was it. I had had enough. I took hold of the nearest item which was one of his books. It was heavy and perfect for what I was about to do. I aimed the book straight at his mouth, with the intention of bursting it for the stupid words he just mouthed.

Unfortunately, he tilted his face slightly and the book landed on his nose. Blood started oozing from his nose. I wasn't aiming for that,  but it did teach him a lesson nevertheless.

He runs to the bathroom to check his injury whiles I used the distraction to take my suitcase out of the room. I was halfway down the corridor when I felt his hold on my hair pulling me back.  I screamed out in pain, leaving my suitcase.

" I made it clear you are still sharing the bedroom with me!" Dr Yeboah said with a determined glint in his eyes.

" I'm not ever going to share a bed with you. " I screamed trying to wriggle out of his hold, kicking my feet about like a blind woman.

His hold loosens on me and I dashed out of his presence,  bumping into something hard.

"Ouch." I backed up touching my face in response to the burning sensation I felt on my nose from the impact.

"Watch it!"  I looked up to meet face to face with Michael.

"What the hell is wrong with you!"

"Why are you breathing so hard?"

"Why is your hair messy? "He bombarded me with questions, looking me up and down.

His gaze harden when his eyes landed on his father a few feet away from me. He roughly pushed me behind him and took a stance of protection in front of me.

"Dad, did you hit her?" He questioned in a steely calm voice that sent chills down my body.

"We are just having a slight misunderstanding son and she  wants to leave." He replied out of breath."

"Whatever it is, just discuss it with her when she is ready. Don't force anything on her." Michael stated with authority.

My eyes widen in surprise, I couldn't believe that he just came to my aid.

I quietly made my way out of the house, as they continue to discuss me as if I wasn't there with them. I breathed in the fresh air trying to calm my beating heart. I tried calling Nelly again. This time she picked panicking at the sad tone in my voice.

She told me she was currently in Volta region site seeing with Tony. She wanted to come back immediately after hearing my dilemma. I assured her I will be fine on my own, which she reluctantly agreed.  She told me to hang in there and not to take any hasty decisions.

I called Frank afterwards since I needed someone to talk to and I didn't intend sleeping at the house that day. It was cloudy and drizzling. He hurriedly rushed over to pick me from the bus stop when he heard the devastation in my voice.

I rushed out and engulfed him in a hug immediately after he got out of his car. We stood in the heavy rain for sometime in each others embrace. I didn't give a damn about the weather, I just needed a shoulder to cry on.

Who is reading this?
Vote and comment for me to know your thoughts.
It matters.!!!😍