Chapter Forty-One

Nelly Pov
Raquel was uncontrollably sobbing in my arms and I continued to pat her back as a form of comfort. The others just stood in the room clearly lost for words. I could tell what they witnessed tonight was definitely not what they bargained for.

Frank's phone began to ring and he mouthed that it was Laila.

" Hello," He greeted when he picked the phone.

"What!" He shouted, his face creasing in worry.

"What's wrong?" We all turned to look at his direction.

" A second," He mouthed before he put the call on loud speaker.

" Did you say an accident?" Frank questioned.

" Yes I did," The person responded in a frantic voice.

" Where are the accident victims now?" Frank questioned.

"They are unconscious and have been  rushed to the hospital," She replied .

" Are they seriously hurt in any way?" Frank questioned in concern.

"Can't really tell," She responded. Her voice sounded broken.

" What hospital have they taken them to?" Frank asked.

" Komfo Anokye," She responded hysterically.

"Thank you. We will be  there very soon," Frank instructed before he ended the call.

Raquel stopped crying when she heard Michael's accident. Her face  was panic-stricken and I could tell she was about to have a breakdown. I held her hand tightly to assure her everything will be fine.

" Guess I think I need to head to the hospital right now," Frank rushed out before Kiera informed us she will be going with him.

"I'm not going. I need to stay here with Raquel," I informed.

" Naa, you don't have to do this. I'm going to dress up and we will all go," Raquel said, her voice horsy from too much crying.

" Naa sweetheart you had a rough night. You need to relax. Frank will give us a call on whatever happens Ok," I told her, hoping to convince her.

She nodded in agreement but she was still tensed up.

" I'm staying with them here then," Tony said before taking a seat in one of the couch.

" Naa Tony you go with them. We will be fine," I told him before I gave him a peck and ushered him out after them.

****
"Sweet heart, I need you to calm down for me ayt," I told Raquel when we were finally left alone.

" I know you are already stressed out and I'm not going to ask you about what happened tonight," I said, whilst massaging her shoulders.

"Everything is all my fault," Raquel said getting teary eye again.

"Don't blame yourself, we all make mistakes," I told her trying to cheer her up.

"Naa Nelly, if I had resisted him in the first place all this won't have happen," Raquel said with her sobs becoming hard.

"Please stop, for the sake of the baby stop stressing yourself ," I chastised,not comfortable with her level of stress.

"Ok fine, I hear," She replied and tried to wipe her face with the edge of the towel,still sniffing.

"Go Clean your pretty face and lets go to bed," I told her, my heart breaking at the look on her face.

"I don't think I can sleep. I'm so worried about Micheal now," She said.

" He will be fine, they will be fine. You know Micheal is a fighter. So don't worry. He will definitely pull through," I stated which she nodded in agreement.

" Good, now let's go get some sleep," I instructed before I held her hand to pull her up.

She reluctantly got up to follow me into her bedroom. I eagerly jumped into bed and watch her slowly remove her towel to change into a night wear.

"But why didn't you answer the door bell when we rung it several times," I questioned, curious about that aspect.

"Nelly it has not been working for some days now," She replied in a calm voice.

"I'm really sorry for everything that happened ton.." I couldn't complete my sentence when I noticed a change in her mood.

"Raquel are you alright?" I questioned when I noticed her wince like she was in a terrible pain.

" Nelly my tummy, it hurts," She breathed out, whilst she held her stomach and slightly bent over.

I quickly stood up from the bed and rushed to her side.

" Nelly go for my phone and please call Eugene. He will tell us what to do," She instructed whilst I rushed out of her bedroom to get her phone.

I placed several calls to him and he wasn't picking any of the calls. I decided to go back inside to inform Raquel when I noticed she was now sitting on the bare floor. Her face was scrunched up and I could tell she was in unimaginable pain.

She was sweating profusely now and I dropped the phone in panic when I noticed the blood trickling down her legs.

" Oh my God you are bleeding!" I stated slightly shaken.

"Nelly my baby, my baby," She began to chant in a whisper form, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm going to get you to the hospital," I informed her trying to keep a bold face but inwardly I was scared out of my wit's.

I quickly ran out of the house and called Aboki to help me carry Raquel to her car. I was finally able to get through to Eugene and he instructed me to bring Raquel to komfo Anokye.

She was quickly rushed to the emergency ward the moment we got the hospital. I decided not to call the others to prevent them from worrying too much.

I was busily pacing about whilst Eugene was trying to calm me down.

"Doctor how did it go," I rushed to his side the moment he came out of the ward.

" She is out of danger zone for now, but we will have to abort the baby to save her life.

" What do you mean by abort the baby?" I questioned my mind too hazzy with everything going on to think clearly.

" The baby's continuous development will put her life in danger. So we need to terminate the pregnancy, " He informed in a professional voice.

"Eugene tell me what he is saying can't be true right?" I turned to his direction for confirmation.

He simply looked on, his face sorrow stricken. That was enough to confirm my fears.

I sat on the bare floor, my legs too weak to support my weight. The news was going to crush Raquel and I couldn't bare to see her pain.

Hope you liked it.Please vote and comment. Thank you