Chapter ten

Dedicated to JohnKoffie2

I kept turning and tossing the whole night, fuming with anger whiles he slept soundly throughout the ordeal. I didn't know how I finally slept but he had already left for work when I woke up. He didn't even bother leaving a message since I could tell he hurriedly left to avoid any confrontation with me. He was a smart man, I will give him that.

Nelly had texted me, wanting an update about how everything went. I texted her back an emoji with a sad face which she immediately responded by calling me. I narrated yesterday incidence to her, which apparently was hilarious to her since she couldn't stop laughing. She advises me to give him a surprise at his office today since he was most tired at night, which meant daytime was the best option. I eagerly agreed wanting to try that out. I have to do anything to bring the passion back to marriage and the time is now.

I wanted to take lunch to him, so I went to the kitchen to prepare something for him.
Michael was already in the kitchen ravaging through the fridge, obviously trying to find something to eat.

"Will you just grab something already and make way for me!"  I chided without a greeting.

"Did someone wake-up on the wrong side today?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"What happened to Miss sweet,"

"Did you kill her or yesterday didn't go as planned for you in the bedroom?" He said with a sly leer.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked with my arms folded in front me.

"Weren't you throwing your self at my father yesterday?"He asked clearly amused.

"What is that suppose to mean, he is my husband and I can do whatever the hell I want with him," I said whilst I heaved in annoyance.

"Oh really,  and where did that take you, cause I can tell you are already frustrated," He said, with a chuckle.

"Mr psychologist, why don't you tell me how to get rid of my so-called frustration," I hissed taking a step closer to him.

He took hold of my hands and pulled me against him.

"Just get laid," He whispered in my ears, his voice deepened to a husky growl.

I pushed against his rock hard chest to get out of his hold trying to calm down my rapid heartbeat.

"I sure will," I said taking a step back.

"You should," he said with a wink, exiting the room taking a box of pizza with him.

I was more than determined now to make things work with my husband. I made a quick lunch of Ampesi with garden egg stew, which was his favourite. I had to look good for him so I put in extra effort, wearing a new dress he hasn't seen before.
I called Nelly to wish me luck before calling a cab and headed to campus, planning to surprise Dr Yeboah.

I was about to step out of the cab after getting to his office premises when I saw him get into his car about to buckle his seat belt. I placed a call to him,  which he hurriedly answered whiles driving out of the parking lot. He told me he was in a meeting and he will call me later. I looked at the car again in disbelieve, wondering if I was imagining things.

"Follow that car!" I commanded the driver in an urgent manner.

What was happening? Why did he lie about his where about? I started wondering, clearly confused. I saw a lady sit upright at the back of his car when he made his way out of the University boundaries. He turned to smile at her, making my heart skip a beat. I picked my phone to call him again, my calls going straight to voicemail.

He stopped by the roadside and the lady made her way to the front seat, to sit beside him. I looked on in horror as he gently touches her hair, telling her something which made her smile. I started to sweat, biting my nails out of nervousness. We continued to follow them for about thirty minutes when they branched at a feeder road.

I gradually made sense of what was happening, when I cited a hotel ahead of us. My heart started pounding hard, my palms sweating as I clutched my fingers together in a fist praying to God,  that whatever I was imagining wasn't true. I made the taxi driver wait outside the walls of the hotel and I entered there alone.

I stood under one of the trees on the hotel compound, where I could clearly see them. Dr Yeboah made his way out of the car and went to the other side to open the car door for the lady. They walked into the reception with their hands joined.

I was starting to see red each passing minute. I wanted to go over to them and rip their hands apart but I decided against it.  I needed to see everything clearly before making any move. I entered the building and I couldn't sight them anywhere.

"Welcome Madam," The receptionist warmly greeted.

"How may I help you?" She politely asked.

"The man and lady who just entered which room did they go?" I asked.

"Madam please that's customer privacy, I can't tell you that, " she timidly said taken aback by my request.

"That is my husband, I need to see him please," I pleaded starting to sound desperate.

"Is against the hotel policy Ma," She tried explaining looking at me worriedly.

I opened my bag and remove my purse showing her all the money inside.

"I will give you everything in this, if you tell me the room number," I informed her.

She looked at me wide eye and looked around the hall frantically to see if anybody was watching our interaction.  She snatched the purse and whispered the room and floor number to me when she gave me a key to the room.

I got to the entrance of the said room and I entered the key without further hesitation. The door opened and I entered to see my husband in bed with the lady.  I couldn't hold my tears as they started falling. They were still in the heat of the moment, not even noticing my appearance. I took hold of a lamp at the foot of the bed and smashed it against the wall. I was beyond furious. They quickly separated to see the cause of the noise.

"Raquel?" Dr Yeboah called out in a dreamlike voice.

All this while, the lady looked at me in shock, clearly scared whilst she cowed behind my husband back.  I made my way towards her and took hold of her when she tried to crawl out of my grip. I felt a hand around my waist which tried to pull me away from her.  I tighten my grip on her, thrusting my legs at her.  She continued to scream when my husband hit my hand that held onto her and threw me on the floor, making me cry out in the process.

"Don't you dare touch her again!" He shouted standing in front of her.

That was the last straw.  I stood up and gave him a slap which resounded in the room. He made an attempt to slap me back but he decided against it and stopped.

"Why don't you slap me?" I challenged.

I was totally heartbroken now.  I picked my bag off the floor and made my way out of the room.  I sat behind the door on the floor and sob as I felt my heart broke into a million pieces.

Trouble in paradise! Hope you liked it. 😍

Please vote and comment!!!😁