Chapter Twenty-three

I turned to glare at Frank when Michael left the house with a bang.

"What was that about? "

"Don't you care about your health at all?

" Why did you fight him?" I questioned continuously, irked at the childish behaviour they exhibited not long ago.

"I'm sorry dear, I was annoyed at the way he command you about. I just wanted to protect you, " He replied, whilst he limped towards me.

" Next time don't do that, I can defend myself. Besides you are sick, so getting into a fight was the last thing you should have done, " I chided before ushering him back to bed.

"You are right, " He said, wincing when I put him back to bed.

"Put this on your nose, " I instructed, and handed him an ice pack I got from the fridge.

" Lie down for a while, am going to boil water to attend to your bruises." I beseeched before heading to the kitchen.

I was going through his first aid kit when I felt an arm sneak around my waist.

"Woo Frank you scared me," I chided when I turned to face him.

" Besides what are you doing out of bed? " I asked raising my eyebrow skeptically.

" I miss you," He replied nudging me closer to him.

"Frank stop this," I commanded wriggling myself out of his hold.

" Take this," I requested, taking his hand and putting painkillers in, before giving him a glass of water.

" We need to talk," I firmly said after watching him take the medicine, before leading him back to the bedroom.

" You know we can't be an item right?" I questioned whilst I gently applied the warm towel against one of the bruises on his face.

"Why not?" He retorted, focusing all his attention on me.

" Hello! I'm married," I replied whilst waving my ring finger in his face.

"So if you weren't married, would you have given me a chance?" He asked in a sad tone.

" I don't know, but maybe," I said with a shrug after a minute pause.

" So what about Michael, if circumstances were changed, would you have given him a chance?" He questioned, watching me closely.

"Hell no!." I quickly replied, making a disgusted face.

Frank continued to watch me intently, as if he was scrutinising me. I began to fidget under his intense gaze.

" What?" I asked looking back at him.

" I don't know, but I feel like there is more between you two . Besides you replied too quickly to the question for my comfort," He said after a moment of hesitation.

" Something more like?" I questioned.

" Don't mind me, is just a feeling," He said trying to dismiss his statement.

I felt relieved when he dropped the topic.

" Let me see your sprain," I said removing the blanket to reveal his leg.

" We need to bandage that," He winced when I made an attempt to touch it.

"Don't worry will do that myself," He said taking hold of the bandage.

We sat in comfortable silence as I continued to tend to his wound.

" I'm going to prepare stew for you," I informed before heading back to the kitchen.
I was midway through when Nelly called.

" Girl why are you labeling me sick?" She shouted at the other end.

"What?! How did you know that?" I questioned dumbfounded.

" Michael called to wish me speedy recovery," She replied.

"I wasn't smart enough I told him I wasn't sick, " She further explained.

" Don't worry girl, the harm has already been caused," I replied, switching the phone to my left side to get hold of the saucepan.

"What happened?" She questioned.

" Michael came here to fight Frank, " I replied, whilst I heaved in distress.

" That was crazy," She responded in astonishment.

" But wait. How come you are at Frank place?" She questioned.

" He is the one who is sick. " I replied.

"So what is so secretive about it, that you hid it from Michael?" She questioned.

"Michael don't want me around him alone," I explained

"Oh really and when did he become your father?" She said with a giggle.

"Girl don't act like you don't get intimidated by him sometimes. You easily threw me out of your car the other night when he demanded you to," I teased.

"Hell no! I was just trying to be courteous to him " She replied trying to act serious even though I could hear laughter in her voice.

"I hear Madam Courteous," I teased whilst she giggled.

" All the same, leave Frank with my love," She said before I ended the call when she got distracted by Tony on the other end.

I left Frank a note before leaving his house. He was fast asleep by then and I didn't want to disturb him.
*****
The house was quiet with the exception of muffled noise coming from the kitchen area.
I gently tip toed to the dinning table and grabbed a knife before heading towards the source of the noise.

I dropped my knife at the sight in front of me. Michael stood in front of the kitchen counter in his naked glory, with a lady whose face I couldn't make due to her back facing me on her knees in front of him. From the way her head was bouncing back and forth I could tell she was giving him a head.

Michael had a far away look on his face and I could tell his mind wasn't on the act being performed on him. I was about to step back when he suddenly looked up. Our eyes met and I froze in place.
He threw his head back and groaned at the sight of me, licking his lips seductively in the process.
The lady looked up at him, mistaking his pleasure noise to be an effect her blow job was having on him.

He began to pet her hair whilst he continued to look at me, his eyes darkened with lust. I felt my body heat up at the intensity of his gaze, before retracing my steps to my bedroom in quick strides. I leaned against the door when I got inside to calm my palpitating heart .

Merry Christmas people.
Vote by clicking the 🌟 sign, comment and share!!!.