Chapter Eight

Dedicated to maamedokua1

I woke up to my husband shaking me vigorously.

"Raquel, what were you dreaming about?"

"Ah?" I tried playing dumb.

"You kept moaning in your sleep and I have been calling your name for the last minute," He stated looking at me expectantly.

"I don't remember what I was dreaming about, "I lied.

"You sure?" He asked looking at me with piercing eyes.

"Yh I am," I replied.

I was fidgeting now, trying to avoid looking at him directly.

"Okay honey, if you say so," He said with a shrug.

I was so relieved when he dropped the issue. He informed me he was going to graduation thanksgiving mass and left giving me a peck. I wanted to accompany him to his car, but he said he was already late, so he couldn't wait for me to freshen up. I reluctantly agreed.

I hit my head with the pillow repeatedly chastising myself for the lie. What the hell was wrong with me? I  kissed my husband's son yesterday. It should have ended there, but no, I had the effrontery to have a wet dream about him. God! I needed help. I can't just turn into a liar and a cheat at least not on the account of my stepson. What was happening to me?

This was so unlike me. Apart from Frank, I didn't date anyone else till I met my husband. I'm not promiscuous, so why now. What is so special about Michael that I can't seem to resist him? He is even rude and annoying. Gosh! I lamented running my hands on my face out of frustration. I needed a distraction and Nelly was the perfect fit, but I needed to wash my dirty laundry first.  Ama had a family emergency, so she wouldn't be around for two weeks. So I had to do it.

I grabbed my dirty clothes and headed to the laundry room. I realized the detergent was finished, so I headed to the kitchen trying to see if I could get some before I loaded the things into the washing machine.

I finally got one in one of the cabinets and headed back to the laundry room. To my utter dismay, Michael was about to enter the room, his laundry basket in his arm. Dammit! I cursed inwardly. Why do I keep running into him when I least expect it? That wasn't even the problem now. There is no way, he will allow me to wash my things before him if he gets to enter first. I had to do this laundry now, I promised Nelly I will be visiting. I had to do something.

"Michael, Wait!" I called out as he was about to turn the knob.

He turned to look at me. Removing his hand from the knob.

"We need to talk," I stated standing in front of him now.

" About?" He asked looking at me like I have two heads.

"Us," I said with a shrug.

"What about us?" He questioned further clearly annoyed now.

"About you coming unto me, kissing me by force," I retorted, pointing my middle finger at him.

He chuckled, running his hands through his hair.

"What's funny?" I demanded getting irritated at his actions.

"I know is hard to forget a great kisser like me, but you need to let it go. I'm way above your league," He stated cockily.

"What!" I was furious now, but I tried controlling it. He didn't have to know his words affect me.

"You are the sloppiest kisser I know," I  remarked, huffing.

"That hurt you know," he touches his heart faking a sad face.
But you want me. He said with a smirk, his two hands beside me now trapping me between the door and him.