Chapter twenty- four

It's been days now since my husband travelled and I haven't heard from him. Not even I have arrived safely message. I have to be the bigger person and call him. No matter the situation between us he is my husband and somehow I still love him.

"Hello hun," He said on the other end after two rings.

" Hey baby, how is everything going?" I asked.

" The conference is great so far, we have another sitting in about 10 mins time. I'm already seated," He stated.

" That is great to know. So when are you coming?" I questioned.

" Don't really know the exact date but very soon hun," He assured.

"Okay, I kinda miss you," I said sincerely.

We haven't been that far apart ever since we married.
It was a new development and his affairs hasn't been able to kill my love for him totally. Even though I was very disappointed in him.

" I miss you too baby," He mumbled, before I heard a lady's voice in the background asking how the lingerie look on her.

I could hear a ruffling sound as he tried to cover the phone speaker with his hand, hushing the lady in the process.

"Why are you acting strange?"

" Who is on the line?" The lady bombarded him with questions clearly unsure of situation ahead.

" My wife!" He replied his voice seemingly far away.

The room suddenly went quiet when the lady came to terms with the situation.

" Baby are you still there?" He asked his voice slightly panicking.

" Who was that? " I asked with tight lip.

" One of the ushers at the conference," He replied in a weak voice.

" Oh really, and she was asking about a lingerie?" I interrogated my breathing becoming erratic with each lie he tells.

" Oh naa. She wasn't, " He replied fumbling for a better explanation .

" I'm nobody's fool," I furiously stated, taking hold of the lamp stand and smashing it against our wedding picture on the wall.

I watched the broken pieces fall down, at the brink of tears. It was a better representation of our marriage now, broken. I threw the phone aside as I could hear him questioning what was going on.

I needed to take a run to clear my head. Even though I knew he went there with a lady, coming face to face with reality made it more difficult to ignore how I was feeling.

I was being torn apart by bitterness and my self esteem was shuttering. Was I not pretty enough? I hated the way I was feeling and wanted to feel better . I quickly changed into a sports wear and headed out for a run. Just maybe the exercise could get my blood running and make me feel good about myself. I knew I was enough but just right now my confidence was taking a hit.

I ran the fastest and hardest I have ever done. I was panting for breath by the time I got back home and was all sweaty. I just past the hall when I noticed Michael in the couch watching TV.

" Raquel? " I was about ignoring him when he called out.

" What ?" I spat out.

" Did someone wake-up on the wrong side of the bed?" He teased with a soft chuckle.

I was about ignoring his taunting when I felt his grip on my wrist.

" Not so fast baby. I warned you about something and you ignored my instructions," He said his jaw clenched.

" And what might that be?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, getting impatience with him.

" Frank," He stated calmly, his steely gaze fixed on my face.

" I do whatever I want!" I replied forcefully.

" Oh really," He replied his gaze darkening whilst his grip on my wrist tightened.

" Ouch stop it. You are hurting me," I cried out trying to wriggle my hands out of his grip.

"Did he touch you?" He asked in an angry dead tone, his grip still tight.

" None of your business," I spit out, trying to wriggle out from his grip.

" You listen to me," He said, with his minty breath fanning my face.

" You will obey me!" He stated hotly.

" As what?" I breathed out , getting annoyed at his dominant behavior.

" This is my house and my rules rather works here, " I declared looking at him dead in the eyes.

" Oh really," He chuckled softly, finding the statement funny.

" You get to spend time with whoever you want and I do too, but it shouldn't be in my kitchen," I retorted, yesterday scene flooding my mind.

" Are you jealous?" He asked looking at me intently.

" Hell no! I'm just disgusted at the fact that you did that in my kitchen. That was disrespectful," I retorted, my temperature rising at the thought it.

" Would it have been if it was your mouth wrap around it?" He questioned in a husky timbre.

" It's nothing I haven't tried before, " I responded in attempt to put him off.

" With who? " He asked his eyes darkening in anger.

" I think you know exactly who," I answered just to drive him over the edge.

" Frank?" He questioned sceptically as if he was testing out the name.
I averted my face side ways without answering, which I knew will drive him crazy with imagination of me and Frank.

"Answer me! " He coldly stated, his hand clutched in a fist.

"Let go of me!" I demanded.

" Was he better than me?" He questioned his steely gaze slightly intimidating.

"What are you talking about? " I asked, rubbing were his grip was.

"Maybe I should remind you," He stated harshly before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

I tried pushing him of me but he wouldn't budge. I felt his hand go up my top and my resolve was fast deteriorating.

"Did he do this?" He whispered roughly pushing my sport bra up and attacking my nipple.

"Michael stop!" I moaned out afraid I wouldn't be able to control myself around him again.

" Stop what? This?" He asked his eyes darkened with lust as he grabbed my butt, whilst he nibble my ear lobe.

I closed my eyes , my breathe hitched as I tried to gather strength to resist him. He continued to trace kisses down my neck making my core heat up.

I was about to push him off me when my eyes landed on my husband picture above us smiling down at me.
My blood instantly boiled at the sight of him. If he can do it, why can't I? I closed my eyes and decided to willingly enjoy Michael caresses. Just this once, I'm going to give in into my inner desires without restrain.

Somewhere is about to catch 🔥.
Are you in support of Raquel decision.?
Chapter 25 is private. You need follow at Gyimaya. To be able to read.