Chapter forty-seven

Dedicated to Adwoa93

Nelly's POV
"I'm tired of waiting for you. It's always about Raquel. You don't even spend quality time with me anymore. Always cutting our date short just to rush to Raquel's side.I'm giving you an ultimatum. It's either me or her!" Tony said coldly at the other end of the line.

" Tony please understand. Just give me some time. I will sort thin..."I couldn't complete my sentence before Raquel popped into the room which made Tony end the call in annoyance.

I had moved in with Raquel after the doctor warned her about her stress level.I thought it was a good idea to help her out but it seems it was causing unnecessary stress on my relationship.

"What's wrong dear?" I had questioned, when I noticed her facial expression.She had a deep frown indented on her beautiful features.

"What's wrong with you too, you don't look happy," She questioned back which I sighed in response.

"Nothing I can't handle dear. Now back to you. What is the matter?" I inquired.

" Eugene had informed Micheal about the true paternity of the babies," She had stated with a huff.

" Finally someone has done something I had always wanted to do," I had replied with smiles whilst I threw my hands in the air in attempt to praise God.

" Nelly what's wrong with you!" She had screamed out in frustration.

" Is about time you stop deceiving yourself. You need him and your kids need him too," I answered back in a frank tone.

She suddenly went quiet and left the room without a word and I was glad my words sunk home.

Today was a Saturday and we were at the hall watching Jumaji. We were so absorbed in the movie, nobody was saying a word except our occasional laugh when Kelvin Hart does something funny.

The door bell rang interrupting our movie.

"Nelly can you check out who it is?" Raquel asked.

" Yep on my way," I replied and left to check. To my delight it was Eugene.

" Come inside," I ushered him in after exchanging pleasantries.

"What are you doing here?" Raquel demanded the moment she set her eyes on him.

" Raquel be polite!" I chastised her and offered Eugene a seat. She just huffed in reply and turned her attention back to the movie.

" Raquel can I speak to you for a moment," Eugene pled whilst Raquel pretended as if she couldn't hear him. Her full concentration on the movie.

I picked up the remote control with annoyance and switched off the tv before she turned to glare at me.

" What was that for?" She asked with a huff.

" Will you stop acting like a kid and listen to what he has to say?" I chided.

" Okay fine. I'm all ears. Say what you have to say," She stated impatiently whilst she taped her foot against the floor.

" Raquel am really sorry about what happened the other day. They came to look for me and I could tell Micheal sincerely cares about you. Besides you need all the help you can get in this moment and he is willing to help," He stated in defense of his action.

" You should have at least consider how I will feel at the moment," Raquel  said .

" I know but I wasn't thinking about now. I was thinking about  you and your kids future," He responded.