Part 51

The last game of the season is here, yet I can't concentrate on anything. I have been desperately trying to ignore Yoongi's presence, but that has been startlingly hard for me to do. I can feel his eyes as they gaze at me even now, not wanting to look at him in fear of me breaking down once more. 

I don't talk to Yoongi anymore. I kind of want to, but Jimin says that I should wait for just a little while longer. He won't tell me why, but he said to let Yoongi come up to me first. I want to know though. I want to know why he did all of those things. He made me think that he liked me from our deep conversations to the tender moments we shared. He even kissed me, making my heart flutter more than it ever had before. I'm hurt that he would do something like that and then sleep with another girl as if I didn't matter to him at all.

I can't help but wonder if what he did was intentional though. At the time it had felt as if he was tormenting me on purpose, but as the week had gone by I started to think to myself. Him and his ex aren't back together, which was pretty obvious for me to tell. Maybe it was a one night thing. I just don't know the reasoning behind it.

"Bohemian, I'm over here!"

I jump with a start at Jimin's surprisingly loud voice, looking up and into the stands as I do so. I smile when I see Jimin standing up while the rest of his group of friends as well as Clara and Taemin are sitting around him, him decked out in our school colors. I can't help but laugh as he holds up a huge cutout that has my face on it, the words "Undefeatable Beast" written on it in his neat handwriting.

I forget about Yoongi for the time being, moving to my spot as the ref blows the whistle to let the game begin. I can spot Carson smirking at me from the bench as I run to my side of the court, trying to block him from my mind.

The first half of the game goes by relatively quickly, my team scoring the majority of the points. We are winning by twelve when Carson is put into the game by his coach, my hands starting to shake. I try and push him form my mind though, just focusing on the game as Yoongi's words circles around in my head. He believes in me, so I should try believing in myself for once. 

"Not bad" Carson says as he passes by me to go to his team during half time. I don't say anything to him, trying to ignore him to the best of my abilities. That becomes easier said than done when he reaches down and grabs onto my wrist, forcing me to stop in my place.

"You'll never be as good as me though" he says with a smirk, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance. I break away from him with a tug and he raises his eyebrows at me as I cross my arms over my chest.

"You're better than me, huh?" I ask, not feeling up to his taunting at this point. He thinks he's so cool, nodding his head as he looks down at me.

"Then why am I a starter while you sat on your ass the majority of the first half?"

He goes to say something when he stops, his eyes wide as he looks down and moves over to where his team is sitting. I look behind me as Yoongi glares after Carson with a sneer on his face, obviously not liking the fact that he is here either. I can't help but smile at the memory of him punching Carson in the face after he called me a slut, taking his arm when he starts towards him again.

"Its not worth it Yoongi" I say softly, aware of the fact that Carson and my little chat drew the attention of one of the refs. I don't want him to get taken out of our very last game, looking down at the ground as he seems to relax under my touch.

"You're worth it though."

I look up in shock at his words and I can feel my cheeks heating up. I duck my head down in embarrassment, not wanting everyone in the stands to see just how red I just got, suddenly aware of how exposed we are. We should be over with our team as our coach talks to them, him and the rest of the members glancing over at us from time to time with a confused expressions on their faces. 

"Bohemian I...." I look up at Yoongi once more as he looks down at me, feeling my stomach turn. "I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I walked in on you and Jimin hugging and thought that you guys liked each other. My ex showed up at my door and practically threw herself at me right after. I was hurt and confused and latched onto the first person I saw that was willing to give me the feeling of being wanted."

"I don't want her though" he says softly, my eyes widening as I try to take in everything that he is saying to me. 

"I like you Mia" he whispers softly, his voice barely able to be heard over the sounds of the many people talking around us. "I really like you."

The shrill sound of the whistle blowing prevents me from answering him, the court filling with people once more. Yoongi sighs before leaving me so that he can go back to his spot a little ways away, my mouth still hanging open in shock from his confession.

He likes me. Yoongi likes me. The smile on my face stays in place for the rest of the game, me unable to shake the feelings of happiness that are swirling around in my stomach and making me giddy. I think that's what makes me play harder than I was before, my excitement and joy filling me with energy that I didn't even know I had. I'm not surprised at all when we win by a lot, the crowd cheering almost as loudly as our team is.

The first thing I do after we shake the other teams' hands is find Yoongi. My arms wrap around his neck as his eyes widen in surprise, his hands stabilizing me by being placed on my hips.

It might be my imagination, but I swear that the cheering around us gets louder as soon as our lips meet, me going on my tiptoes in order to reach him properly. He seems shocked at first before his arms wrap around my waist and pulls me against him, his smile breaking though the kiss and making me smile as well.

I pull away first, resting my head against his as I stare up and into his beautiful eyes. I have no idea how I ended up falling for him seeing as he was horrid to me at first, but I did and I don't regret it. I have no doubt in my mind that I made the right decision breaking up with Hyung Seok as he looks down at me with so much adoration in his eyes.

"I like you too Yoongi."