Part 9

My smile vanishes off of my face as fast as the last cheeto puff in the bottom of the bag vanishes into someone's mouth. The sound of his voice alone makes me want to scratch his eyes out, my aggravation from earlier today coming back full force. Min Yoongi. This hoe must want to die today.

"What is she doing here?" he asks, his voice showing just how disgusted he is with my presence. I scoff and roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. Why am--why am I here? Maybe because I make friends and like to meet new people.

"I don't have to explain myself to you" I say grumpily, turning around to face the slight taller guy. He is already glaring at me when I turn around, his eyes meeting mine and matching my ferocity. I can see Jimin staring at the two of us with concern shining in his eyes, his bottom lip captured between his teeth as his eyebrows crease worryingly.

"I'm sorry Mia. I didn't know that the two of you wouldn't get along during the basketball tryouts. I was going to tell you, but I was afraid that you would get mad at me."

I look away from Yoongi, also known as the spawn of Satan in my opinion, to look up at Jimin. He looks so sad that I just want to run up to him and squeeze him. So, I do just that.

His eyes are wide when he sees me running up to him, his arms coming out to catch me as I basically throw myself at the smol guy. He is incredibly warm, his strong arms making me feel secure. He smells incredibly good, as weird as that probably sounds. His cologne is comforting to me, it making me feel at ease. I recognize the scent as the same one that my boyfriend uses, that fact alone making me want to become a closer friend to Jimin.

"Wh-what was that for?" he asks as I place my feet back on the ground. I reach up and ruffle his hair affectionately, smiling when he groans and has to fix it again.

"I couldn't stand seeing you so sad Jimin. I may not have known you for very long, but I still consider you to be my friend. You have been so nice to me, and I appreciate that."

God. Where did my bitchy attitude go? I don't know. Something about Jimin just has me lowering my defenses. He is so nice that I want to be nice back, his joyful personality spreading through me like a virus.

"Thanks Mia-yah. I think of you as my friend too. I am so glad I helped you in the hallway. If I hadn't, we might not have become as close as we already seem to be."

I hug Jimin again at his words, my smile bordering on the edge of being painful. I just love being around him. He makes me so happy in a nonromantic way, his presence around me bringing out the best in me. We break away when someone scoffs behind us, my bad mood coming back ten fold. I turn around with a glare on my face, my eyes locking with Yoongi's. I walk up to him until we are only a few feet apart, my anger and annoyance making me stand even taller.

"What the fuck was that shit? Not so tough are you princess?"

I can feel myself getting more and more angry as he speaks, his smirk making me want to reach up and slap him.

"What is your deal man?"

He looks a little confused at my question, his eyebrows creasing as he thinks it over.

"You have been nothing but mean to me all day. First you insult me and basically threaten me in front of your whole team and the coach. Then you bumped into my arm after I fell, making it hurt even more than it already had. Now you come here and insult me in front of your friends. What did I ever do to you?"

He steps forward until his nose is pressed against mine, the sudden anger in his eyes shocking me. He looks like he hates me. He looks like he would give anything just to be able to ruin my life and watch me burn.

"You are my problem. You come to this school and try out for my team as if you are the best player on earth. You ain't shit! You are just a cocky, attention seeking little girl who will amount to nothing in life. Then you come over here and try and get with my friends? You cling to Jimin like a fucking prostitute when he already has a girlfriend that he loves. I don't want my life to be changed because some cheap whore decided she thinks my friends are hot. Just the sight of your face makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Why don't you just fucking leave?"

My eyes are wide in shock as I stare at him, my mouth hanging open. I didn't know that was how he saw me. I'm not exactly sad that he said that, but I still can't help the prickling sensation I get behind my eyes as tears start to form.

"Fine. I will."