Part 1

"What do you mean I can't play basketball?"

I am absolutely livid with anger as I stare heatedly at the principle of my new school, my hands palm down on the desk in front of me. I can literally feel the sweat from my father's hands as he tries to calm me down, his nervousness obviously apparent.

"Now calm down sweetheart. Everything is going to be ok."

I scoff, turning to look at him in surprise.

"Everything is going to be ok? Appa, you know how much basketball means to me! The only reason I agreed to accept this scholarship to attend this stupid school was because of their basketball program."

I had recently gotten accepted into Daegu University on a scholarship due to my grades. I was at the top of my class last year, and they wanted me to spend my senior year away from my dad at this exclusive boarding school. It is a school for the sons and daughters of filthy rich people, meaning that they get the best of the best. Including their basketball team.

"Miss Bohemian, I understand that you enjoy the sport, but we need you here to raise our grade point average above our neighboring schools. You would need to be totally focused on your studies."

So far, I am not liking the principle. He is old and balding, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken a shower in a couple of weeks. I had shaken his hand upon entering the room, and now it has the unmistakable smell of rotting cheese. For a rich guy, he sure doesn't keep up his appearance.

I grab the list of classes that I would be taking when school started again, scoffing immaturely at the subjects on it. He thinks that I will have trouble with these classes? Please.

"In all due respect sir, I took Calculus my freshman year, as well as AP English. I also took honors economics, honors physics, AP Chemistry, and Sociology my sophomore year. Last year, they had my taking classes at a college so that I could get a head start on my college credits. I have taken enough course that, if I please, I can get my bachelors degree in either Aerospace Engineering or Biomedical Engineering in under one year. These classes will be easier to me than my seventh grade homework."

His eyes are wide as he stares at me in shock, no doubt in my mind that he hadn't expected all of that from a small girl like me. I continue on none the less, my sights only set on getting the one thing I came here for.

"In other words; you need me, not the other way around. I hope you choose carefully. I can either stay and help your school while playing basketball, or  I can go to college and play for them."

I can hear my dad as he sighs tiredly behind me, him obviously fed up by my bad behavior. I'm not usually like this though, and he knows it. I only get this bitchy when it has to do with basketball. I have been playing the sport since before I could remember. There is no way I will spend my senior year on the sidelines.

"But....we don't have a girl's team" the principle says quietly, his eyes still locked on the paper in my hands. I shake my head slightly, a smirk spreading across my face.

"That's fine with me. I'll just play on the boy's team."