Part 44

"Look at you, playing nice" Yoongi says from his seat across from me as I wave goodbye to Clara and Taeming, the smirk on his face making me angry. He groans as I kick his leg underneath the table, the other guys laughing at the pained expression on his face.

"She's a nice girl" I say in an attempt to redeem myself, already feeling it as my cheeks heat up at his teasing. "I don't usually hang out with other girls, but she looked like she needed a friend who would actually be nice to her."

Clara has actually been nice to hang out with.  I don't usually like associating myself with girls because I have had bad experiences with them, but I decided to go out on a limb with her. The girls that I was around before would all make fun of me for the way that I looked and acted, but it seemed as if Clara really just wanted to get to know me.

I now know why she was so mean to me before, and I get it. She was scared of losing her best friend, which was essentially the only friend that she had at our school. She apologized for the way that she had been acting towards me and I had forgiven her, not wanting to hold onto the past now that I know whats really going on.

I can also tell that she really likes Taemin. He's a nice guy, so I'm not surprised in the slightest. Just the way that they would interact with each other while we were all eating frozen yogurt was cute, it obvious that he likes her just as much. I'm glad that I did what I did, because she didn't deserve to be treated like that by someone who she considered a friend. She should be able to date whoever she wants to. 

"Hey, Yoongi" Jungkook calls from the other side of the table, looking off towards the door. It is behind my head, his widened eyes making me not want to look in the direction that he is staring at. I look over at Yoongi instead, watching as he turns towards Jungkook in question.

"Isn't that your ex?"

"Ah, I guess The Bitch is back" I mumble under my breath so that Yoongi doesn't hear and get upset at me, smirking to myself when Jimin busts out laughing beside me. Taehyung, who was sitting on my other side, stifles a grin behind his hand to try and make it seem as if he didn't find what I said funny. 

"She's looking over here hyung" Namjoon says as he looks towards the door as well, ignoring the three of us as we giggle in our own little world. "Aren't you going to talk to her?"

I look up, expecting Yoongi to nod and stand up to talk to the she-demon. What I don't expect is for him to be staring at me, a slight smile on his face as he watches me laugh. I can feel my smile slowly slide off of my face as he places his elbow on the table in front of him, resting his head in his hand as he blinks at me.

"No. I think I'll stay here" he says without breaking eye contact with me, his nose crinkling cutely as he itches it. I can't help but feel a little bit flustered at the way the he is looking at me, my eyes wide as I try and look anywhere but at him. My cheeks feel hot as I glance around the room, not sure what to do in this situation. 

What would Hyung Seok think if he saw you getting flustered by another guy? I think to myself, suddenly feeling bad.

 I haven't even seen him this week and its already Friday, the week passing by me in a blur. In my defense, he hasn't reached out to me at all. We would usually Snapchat and text all day, but lately we have been growing more distant. 

The guys continue to talk around me as I fish around in my pocket for my phone, unlocking it before going to the glowing call icon on the screen. I tap on his contact before holding the phone up to my ear, my fingers drumming against the table as I wait. I frown when all I get is his voicemail stating that he is busy, feeling even worse now. 

I shouldn't be over here getting all nervous around a guy when I have a boyfriend who loves me. Yeah, Yoongi and I have more in common, but that shouldn't change a thing. He's his cousin for crying out loud. And I'm helping him get his ex girlfriend back as well.

"You ok?" Jimin asks from beside me, causing me to jump slightly. I nod at him with a smile before looking back down at the dark screen of my phone, putting it away once more. 

I look up to find Yoongi still looking at me from the other side of the table, him not having moved a bit from his position earlier. I watch as his calculative gaze switches as soon as he sees me look at him, a smile taking up his face. I find myself instinctively smiling back before I catch myself, looking back down again.

My heart seems to be beating in my chest harder than it usually does, my hands shaking as I stretch my fingers. My stomach is turning weirdly as I try and appear to be normal, feeling anything but how I usually do. What's wrong with me? These strange feelings are driving me insane.