Part 36

"You're coming to the game, right?" I ask Hyung Seok as he stands in front of his mirror. I am already changed into my basketball uniform while he is putting his shirt back on, his fingers working on the buttons of his form-fitting button up. 

I can't help but giggle as he rolls his eyes at me before turning around, him putting his phone in his pocket as he walks over to me.

"I said I would go, didn't I?" he leans down so that he is leaning above me as I sit on his bed, his arms holding his body up on either side of me. "I haven't missed any of your games so far, have I?"

"Ok ok I get it" I say with a sigh, looking away from him. Nonetheless I am unable to stop the smile on my face as he places his head in the crook of my neck, his breath tickling me as his nose brushes against it.

"I love you" he whispers before gently kissing the side of my neck, his lips pressing over the hickey he made just thirty minutes earlier. I whisper an 'I love you' back before pulling away to peck his lips gently, grabbing his hand as I lead the way out of his room.

"Finally!" Jimin yells from his upside-down position on the couch in the living room, him almost falling off as he tries to get up. We are giving him and Yoongi a ride to the game as well, Yoongi already in his uniform. I don't know why Jimin's girlfriend doesn't come to the games seeing as Yoongi is her older brother, but I don't really mind or care.

"What took you so long?" Jimin whines as he comes over and pulls me away from Hyung Seok, placing his arm over my shoulder. I laugh when Hyung Seok pretends like he is going to hit him for stealing me away from him, shrugging my shoulders as an answer to his question.

"Its obvious really" Yoongi says in a lazy drawl, standing up from his seat with a slight grunt. His ankle is still in a brace from last week but he insisted on playing today, his own personal basketball under his arm as he walks towards the door.

"She was only supposed to go upstairs to change yet it took her almost an hour, Hyung Seok has a little bit of lipstick on the side of his neck from before she took her makeup off, and she has a hickey. They obviously fucked, moron."

I blush profusely as the door slams behind him, looking around at the awkward atmosphere that just created. Jimin pulls his arm away from me with a disgusted look on his face as Hyung Seok wipes at his neck, my hands suddenly sweaty.

"Damn" I say as I reopen the door Yoongi closed, eyeing him as he plays on his phone in the car. "He didn't have to be such a dick about it."

...........................................

"What's up guys?" I ask happily as I skip over to my team, passing by Yoongi as I do so. I take a seat next to Jackson and smile at him before joining in on the group stretching, listening to our coach talk about the team we are playing today.

Apparently they are really good, not having lost any games this season either. I'm glad that Yoongi is well enough to play now because I'm not sure if we could win if I had to be point guard again. I'm not bad at the position, but I haven't practiced in it enough to be one hundred percent comfortable. And from the sounds of this team, we are going to need to play the best we have played yet. 

"Ok" Yoongi says as we get into a team huddle, all of our attention on him. He clears his throat before pausing, thinking over what he is going to say in his head before nodding to himself and proceeding. "Try your best everyone........and don't fuck up, Bohemian."

"What the-?" I stand frozen as everyone laughs, a few of them even nudging me jokingly as well. I stick my tongue out at Yoongi as he smirks, grumbling under my breath about how much of an asshole he is as I turn around to get in my position for the tip off.

"Well look who it is."

I freeze almost immediately, goosebumps raising on my arms at the sound of the familiar voice. Its almost as if I can't move at all, my body unwilling to in his presence. So many memories pop up in a collage of misery and heartache, the shy little girl that was pushed around my first two years of high school reappearing. 

"You remember me?" Carson asks as he leaves his position to talk to me, the team captains going up to shake hands as he does so. He moves to touch my arm and I instinctively flinch away from his touch, my heart beating faster in my chest. I watch as a smirk takes up the side of his face as he looks me over in amusement, him obviously enjoying this reunion more than I am.

"I thought you gave up on basketball after you figured out how much you sucked at it" he says in a tauntingly slow voice, it as if he is talking to young child and not someone who is only two weeks younger than him. He chuckles as he slowly begins to back away from my stunned form, his lip caught between his teeth as he continues to stare at me.

I suddenly feel sick, my stomach turning as I seek out Hyung Seok in the stands. When I find him I see that he is already looking at me with concern in his eyes, a frown on his face as Jimin asks him what's wrong from his seat next to him. He mouths to me if I am ok, and I shake my head, my ears ringing as I look back over to where my childhood bully stands.

I can't do this