Part 6

"I'll wait for you until you are done" Jimin says for the fifteenth time as he walks me to the gym. The school day ended rather quickly, mostly due to the fact that I was too excited for my basketball tryouts to pay attention to anything else during class. It is now time for me to see what I can do, and Jimin decided to stay and watch me.

He is adamant on introducing me to his friends. One of them is a freshman in college while the rest of them go to school with us. I don't think I have seen any so far, but Jimin just says it's a coincidence. One is in our first period class, but he wasn't there today. There is another in our music class, as well as the advanced English class I am required to take.

I look down at my shoes as I walk, my Jordans hitting the floor in rythm with Jimin's Timberland's. I had changed into my basketball clothes right after school had eneded, trading my shorts and sweatshirt for basketball shorts and a black tanktop. I put my hair all the way up into a high ponytail before walking out, the long strands touching my neck and shoulders.

"Good luck Mia!" Jimin yells before leaving me to sit in the bleachers. I just hope I do good so that Jimin can brag about me to his friends. It would kind of suck if they asked why we were late and he had to say that he was watching me fail at playing the sport that I am in love with.

"Miss Bohemian. Nice of you to finally join us."

I smile fakely at the coach, aware that he was being sarcastic. I met him earlier, and he does not like me one bit. He even told me so himself. He basically thinks I am some spoiled kid who thinks she can get whatever she wants with the snap of her fingers. He doesn't even attempt to fake liking me, his eyes piercing me with their ferocity. 

"Lets just get this straight. I do not think you have what it takes to make this team. You are a girl for crying out loud! I'm only letting you try out because the principle said that it was in our best interest to let you. I am only required to let you play if you pass the tests that I had to give my boys, which I highly doubt you will be able to do. Don't run home and cry to your mommy when you don't make the cut."

Ouch. OK then.

I scowl at all of the guys who are listening to our conversation, their snickering faces irritating me. I'll show them what I can do. They won't be laughing when I knock them flat on their asses. 

"What position do you play doll-face?"

I swing my gaze over in the direction of the guy that just spoke to me, my mouth turned down in a frown. I already hate this person because of the awful pet name he just gave me. I have a name, use it. My eyes land on a guy who looks to be around maybe 5'8" or 5'9". His hair is on the longer side, it being held back by a headband. I will admit that he is rather attractive, but that doesn't make up for the fact that he seems like a pompous asshole. 

"First off, my name is Bohemian, not doll-face.  And for your information, although I don't know why I am actually answering such an annoying person's question, I can either be put as a point guard or a shooting guard."

I scowl at him as he raises his hands in a mock surrender, his lips turning up into a smug little smirk. He glances around at all of the guys watching us while chuckling along with them, obviously finding this funny.

"Calm down princess, I was only teasing you."

I roll my eyes. He just doesn't seem to get the concept of using people's names. I literally just said what my name was, yet he continues to use pet names.

"Look" I say, already getting tired of his attitude.

"I came here because I love basketball. It has been in my life since I was little. I won't let some stuck up rich kid make fun of me for wanting to play on a boy's team. I believe I am at least as good as you are at playing, if not even better. I take this shit extremely seriously, so you better watch out before I "accidentally" trip you while we are out on the court."

His smirk widens as he steps closer to me, his eyes seeming to lock me into place. I don't back away though, afraid that he will mistake my discomfort as fear. I'm not scared of him, just the diminishing amount of space between us. He leans down slightly so that he is staring into my eyes at my level, his nose almost touching mine.

"I don't like you. I don't like that a girl thinks that she deserves a spot on my team. I won't let my team lose just because a girl decided that she wanted to whore around with the entire basketball team. I'm Min Yoongi, the team captain and starting point guard. Remember my name princess, because if you mess this up for us, you will have to answer to me; and I will ruin you."