Part 47

I pant as I place my hands on my knees, my stomach almost cramping up from the exercises we just finished in practice. Sweat slides off of my forehead and onto the court as I try and calm my heart and breathing down, that proving to be easier said than done.

We won the game that we had yesterday, meaning that our last one is in a week. Our season is technically over, but we are participating in a tournament right now. We had to play against all of the other teams in our league that wanted to play as well, moving our way up towards the final game. Since Carson's team is undefeated, and we only lost one game, we will be competing against his team to see who is the champion. 

I'm not looking forward to this game at all. I have been working even harder than I was before, trying to get myself ready to face him. I know that Yoongi said that he believed in me, but I don't believe in myself. I can't just sit back and wait for the game to come when I know that Carson is better than I am in so many different ways.

Yoongi and I haven't been talking as much as we used to. Yeah, we talk during practice and when I hang out with him and his friends, but thats about it. I can't help but feel awkward around him since the kiss, also feeling guilty as well. Until I figure out what is going to happen between Hyung Seok and I, I don't think it would be wise to continue developing feelings for Yoongi.

Thats the thing though. I know that I am falling for Yoongi. Every time he walks into the room its like my heart can see him before I actually do. It starts beating faster and faster in my chest, my palms getting sweaty just from looking at him. I can feel my stomach as it turns when he so much as looks at me, the butterflies making themselves known almost immediately. I just don't wanna get hurt when he gets back together wth his ex.

"Are you ready to go Mia?" Jimin asks as he walks over to my side. I stand up straight with his help, gratefully excepting the water bottle that he hands me as well. I drink almost all of it in one go before nodding my head to his question, linking my arm through his as we begin to exit the gym.

A/N: I know that basketball season doesn't normally end until second semester, but I really wanted it to be Jimin's birthday for this part so......just pretend like it is lol ^.^

Its Jimin's birthday today, and he wanted to celebrate. All of the others were busy tonight so they are going to take him out for dinner later this week. He really wanted to do something fun tonight though, so I took it upon myself to go with him. We are headed towards an 18+ club right now, first stopping by Jimin's house so that we can change.

I take a shower as Jimin sits on top of the toilet seat with the lid down, his phone in his hand. We have gotten so close that we do this all of the time, either one of us able to take a shower while the other just chills in the same room. Some might find it weird, but we don't mind at all. Its not like we can see the other person naked, the shower curtain blocking everything from view. We just do it so that we can talk while we do things, the bond between us completely platonic. 

"Why isn't your girlfriend coming with us?" I ask as I wash the conditioner from my hair. I finish with my shower and turn the water off, wringing out my hair as I wait for him to answer. He sighs before clearing his throat, my eyebrows creasing in confusion.

"We aren't dating anymore."

"What!?!" I yell, holding the shower curtain to my chest as I peek my head out to look at him. He laughs at my surprised look before nodding his head, handing me my towel so that I can dry myself off.

"Yeah. I really liked her at first, but then I started noticing things that I hadn't before. She would always ask me for things when we were together, and she would also talk about you in a negative way. I didn't like that, so I broke things off."

"What did Yoongi say?" I ask curiously, wondering how her older brother took the news. I do feel flattered and extremely glad that Jimin stuck up for me though, that just proving how much of a good friend he is.

"Yoongi was fine with it" he says as I wrap the towel around my body and step out. "I told him about why I wanted to break up with her and he said he understood."

"Thats good" I say while I shoo him out, wanting to get dressed now. He closes the bathroom door behind him but leans against it so that we can still talk, his voice slightly muffled due to the door between us.

"Yeah. I was afraid he would beat me up or something."

"Yoongi wouldn't do that to you" I say while sliding my outfit on over my underwear, putting on my black boots as well. "Maybe if it was someone else who did that, but you're his closest friend."

I continue getting ready, doing some light makeup before running a brush through my hair. It looks like Brea forgot to take her flattening iron home with her after the break up, it still in his bathroom from when she would stay the night. I decide to use it, straightening my hair lightly before running my fingers thought it.

Its a very simple outfit, the plunge neckline the only thing I would describe as being good for a club

Its a very simple outfit, the plunge neckline the only thing I would describe as being good for a club. I walk out and put my phone and wallet in a small purse, looking at Jimin as he finishes putting his shoes on. 

"Come on, let go" I say while holding my arm out to him. He shakes his head and chuckles before linking our arms together once more, heading down the stairs and towards the front door. 

"Lets just forget about everything for one night."