Part 3

I hold my head up high as I walk through the halls of my new school. My dad dropped me off about an hour ago after helping me unpack a little bit of my stuff, his sad eyes making me want to tear up myself. We had hugged, a thing that I usually do not tolerate, and I had sat there watching him drive away for ten minutes. Despite my hard outside appearance, I really do love my dad. He has always been there for me, no matter how much of a bitch I am.

I notice the groups of people I pass as I walk around to try and find my first class, they signed me up for Calculus first period, something I am not entirely happy for. I don't feel up to relearning about things that I have already pretty much mastered, especially not this early in the morning.

The students all seem to stop what they are doing and stare at me as I pass by, their judging eyes burning holes into me. I catch some of the whispered conversations that are going on as I pass by, some words building my self esteem up while the rest tear it right back down again.

"What is up with her? Is she goth or something?"

"Dude, the new chick is totally hot."

"She looks like a fucking ghost."

"She is legit so pretty! I'm totally jealous."

I am suddenly hit by what seems to be a brick wall, the breath getting knocked out of me. My arms fly out behind me as I try and catch myself, the music book I was planning to study flying out of my hands. The stinging sensation that hits my palms as I catch myself is almost enough to make my eyes water in pain, my fall reminding me of the time I decided to take a charge during a game and fell to the ground.

"Yah! Watch where you are going!"

I look up and glare at the girl that just plowed into me, my lip curling in disgust as she dusts off her cheerleading skirt as if she was the one that had fallen to the floor. She doesn't even wait for an answer, moving past me with her group of friends as I seethe quietly to myself. I take deep breaths as I let her go without confronting her, trying to calm myself down before I do something that I will regret. My dad would be so disappointed if I got kicked out of this school on my first day.

God. I absolutely hate rich kids. It totally doesn't help that this school is chock full of them, the overall tuition to go here being about as much as my dad makes in a year. I'm lucky I got in on my scholarship because we wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise. We aren't necessarily poor ourselves, but these rich bastards make it look like we are. I know that not all rich kids are as stuck up as that bitch seems to be, but just the thought of going to this school makes my blood boil. I'm doing this for basketball.....and the fact that they have a pretty sweet music program too.

"Are you ok?"

I look up at the hand that is held in front of my face, my music book in its grasp. I nod as I take it from the guy, accepting the other hand to help me up and off the ground. I fix my shorts and my hair before glancing up, my thank you getting stuck in my throat.

I already have a boyfriend, but hot damn is this boy fine as hell. His has full lips and a welcoming smile, his straight teeth practically blinding me from how bright they are. He has a fairly sturdy build with nice arms and amazing legs, the ripped jeans he has on fitting him perfectly. I blink and look away before my staring can come off as rude, mentally scolding myself for checking him out when I already have a significant other.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for your help." I say, smiling slightly in his direction. His grin seems to widen as he nods his head and walks away, my eyebrows creasing as I watch him leave.

Who was that guy?