Part 12

I walk to the school from my new dorm room, my heels clinking on the sidewalk. I have yet to actually meet my roommate seeing as every time I leave, or go in the room, she is not there. I don't mind though. It's like I have the place all to myself in a sense.

I decided to dress up a little today because I woke up early. I am actually really happy with my outfit because it has more white in it than black, something that I rarely ever do. I am wearing a high waisted white skirt with a black sweater, two white stripes going across it horizontally around the sleeves. It is short in the front and long in the back, the front part tucked in to the skirt while the back hangs out. My heels are white with black bows on the sides, a white bow on top of my low ponytail.

My makeup is how I usually do it when I want to look more natural; light foundation, thin winged eyeliner, mascara, and light pink lipgloss seeing as my naturally pink lips make it look like a darker pink. I walk to school with confidence, enjoying the cool breeze as it stirs the strands of my bangs. I stop when I am almost to the school, my phone vibrating in my hand.

I smile to myself as I read Jimin's Snapchat, my spirits already lifting

I smile to myself as I read Jimin's Snapchat, my spirits already lifting. I can't believe he remembered that today was the day I find out wether or not I made the team. I am so lucky to have a friend like him. I send a picture back immediately, wanting him to know how much I appreciated his message.

I get a reply almost immediately, my lips turning up into a smile as soon as I see what he sent me

I laugh and am about to reply to my weirdo of a best friend when I bump into someone, my phone falling out of my hands and onto the ground

I laugh and am about to reply to my weirdo of a best friend when I bump into someone, my phone falling out of my hands and onto the ground. I stumble backwards in shock only to be caught by whoever it was I just bumped into, their arm wrapping around my waist.

"No! My baby! Are you ok?"

Their soft chuckle can be heard in my ear, my eyes still looking at their firm chest.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking."

I roll my eyes before stepping out of their arms, crouching down to retrieve my fallen phone.

"I was talking about my phone, but I'm glad you're not hurt either I guess" I say sassily, placing my hand on my hip as I gaze up at the guy. It just had to be him, didn't it? Yoongi is standing there smirking at me, his eyes staring into mine as I glare heatedly at him.

"Are you going to say sorry? I mean, you kinda did bump right into me."

I grumble to myself, knowing that he is technically right yet not wanting to say it. I have too much pride to say sorry to someone like him. I still haven't forgiven him for what he said to me the other day, my eyes hard as I cross my arms. I am about to give him a piece of my mind when I remember the promise I made Jimin last night.

He had snuck into the girl section of the dorm rooms to come see me, apologizing for the way Yoongi had treated me. I had of course told him that it wasn't his fault, leading us to spend the rest of the night watching movies and getting to know each other. Before he had left, he had dubbed me as being his new best friend, aside from Jungkook and Taehyung of course, making me swear to always stay by his side. He then made me promise to try and get along with Yoongi, or to at least refrain from cussing him out.

"Curse you Park Jimin" I mumble to myself before turning around and starting to walk away.

"Wait wait wait."

I raise an eyebrow in surprise, stopping in my tracks as Yoongi cuts in front of me. He has a kind of hesitant look on his face, his hands clasped together in front of him.

"I need a favor" he says quickly, causing a smile of disbelief to appear on my face. I scoff before trying to walk around him, grunting when he grabs my arm and steps in front of me once again.

"Just hear me out, ok? My girlfriend broke up with me and--"

"I wonder why" I cut in sarcastically, smirking when he glares at me. He clears his throat before taking a deep breathe in, obviously trying to calm down before continuing.

"Anyway *glares* my girlfriend broke up with me for another guy, but I want her back. She is just playing hard to get, so maybe if she sees me with another girl she will get jealous and leave the douchebag."

My lips curl at the sides before I lose it, my laugh tumbling out of my mouth.

"Y-you want m-me to pretend to b-be your girlfriend so that she w-will come back to you? No w-way in hell!" I say while giggling uncontrollably. He lets me walk past him this time, little chuckles still slipping out from between my lips. Why would he think that I would help him after all that he's done to me so far?

"I'll let you be on the basketball team."

Wait what? I turn around so fast that my ponytail lashes me in the face, my eyes wide as I stare at him. I walk back over to him slowly, my mind turning.

"It's the coach's decision though. You have no say in the process."

He shakes his head, coming closer to me as well.

"Coach is willing to let you on the team after what you displayed at your tryout. All he needs is my approval, seeing as I am the team captain. Say that you will do this favor for me, and I will tell him to let you on the team."

I close my eyes as I turn from him, my hands balled into fists at my sides. That little shit. He knows that I will do anything to be on the team. He knows that all I want is to prove that girls can play basketball as well as guys can. It's what I love, and I will not let anything get in the way of me achieving my dream. I take a deep breathe and then let it go, the air disturbing my bangs.

"Fine. I'll do it."