80

Valencia Auguste

The next morning I opened my eyes slowly, not entirely sure where I was, this didn't feel like my bed.

I noticed me and Zach were still in the car, we apparantly had fallen asleep in the backseat. My head rested on Zach's torso and I could hear his heart beating steady. I lifted my head and saw that Zach was chuckling at me. I frowned. "What is it?"

"Man, you can SLEEP," He started laughing even louder. "You slept for almost ten hours!"

My eyes widened, I hadn't slept that much in weeks, and I had to admit, since Zach stayed over I had slept better in general, although that was probably just a coincedence.
I just shrugged it off and sighed. "I'm hungry again," I whined.

"Yeah, me too," I could hear his stomach growl. I chuckled. "I've waited for over an hour for you to wake up," He jokingly blamed me for being so hungry.

"Can we go to waffle house?" I put up my puppy eyes. He looked at me and smiled shaking his head laughing at how I acted like a child.

"Only if I'm driving," He smirked.

"It's my car," I whined. He just kept looking at me. I gave in, eventually.

"Fine, as long as I can have the AUX," I stated. He nodded.
I climbed into the passenger's seat, grabbing the AUX cable and plugged it into my phone, immediately playing one of my favourite songs, Stargazing by Kygo.

"And I will still be here, STARGAZING," Both Zach and I shouted as the chorus came on. I started laughing. Zach turned on the freeway, driving a litte too fast as nearing cars kept honking at us.

"Please don't crash my car," I joked. He just chuckled as he adapted to the speed limit for once.

Before we knew it we were at Waffle House and we both got out of the car. I opened the door and immediately closed it again, Zach stubling against me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He lifted up my chin and asked me calmly when he saw my entire expression changed.

"R-Romee's in there," I stuttered. His brows furrowed but his face calmed down when he slowly breathed out.

"Look I know she and Daniel... you know, but you can't keep running from it, you have to move on from it, I guess," He just said, grabbing one of my hands and softly rubbing hus thumb over my knuckles.

I nodded sighing, knowing he was right. "Why are you so wise, you're 18 ugh," I whined as I opened the door again, shakily but with more confidence because of what Zach said, I had to move on.

He chuckled. "I'm just very, very smart," He joked.

I chuckled as the waiter brought us our drinks. "Is it weird that I almost can't even remember being 18 anymore?"

His eyes widened. "That's like two-and-a-half years ago!"

I shrugged. "When I was 18, I had just finished school and I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I started posting covers on Instagram and worked every modeling job I could, and then when I almost turned 19, I met you guys, I don't think I ever did something fun before I met you guys," I admitted.

"Well, I'm glad you're having fun now then," He just smiled as the waiter came back to or table, bringing us our breakfast.

We both had blueberry pancakes with clotted cream and I started laughing as Zach unaware smeered some of it on the corner of his lips. He raised a brow at my sudden burst of laughter. "There's some..., here I'll help ya," I chuckled and leaned over, using my thumb to wipe it away.

"Thanks for always looking out for my life," He said dramatic to which I shook my head smiling.

"You're lame."

"No, I'm Zach," He teased. Suddenly an idea popped up in my mind.

"I wanna go on a roadtrip," I randomly said, not knowing where exactly the sudden urge had come from.

Zach didn't seem to care and was quite fond of the idea. "Where to?"

"I don't know, maybe San Diego, maybe San Fran," I said unsure.

"San Fran it is, then."

this is short too but im tired and have school tomorrow and im a bit inspirationless tn so ill write some more tomorrow :)