70

Valencia Auguste

"Of course I love you!" I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"Then, please, forgive me?" He asked filled with sorrow, I hadn't even realised he was crying.

"There's nothing I want more than that, but if you know me, and you know what you did, you have to understand that it's not that easy" I say, my heart hurting as the words leave my mouth.

"I know what I did was wrong," He said. "and I'm so sorry."

"You're sorry's aren't always enough, you need to think before you do something, or someone, and then decide if it's wrong." I stated, a tear slipping down my cheek. "Did you even think?" I said, getting more and more upset. "Or did you just choose to ignore the fact that this was going to kill me from the inside?" I yell.

He didn't say anything for a second, but then took a deep breath and said; "I'm sorry, I didn't think and it just happened."

"It 'just happened?' Daniel, you don't even realise how fucked up it is what you did!" I shout.

"That's not true!" He said. His hands formed two fists and he got closer.

My eyes flickered to his hands and I did a step backwards. "Do you? Do you realise how much you've ruined me over the two years? Do you really?" I shouted. "Because I think you don't!"

His fist slammed on the breakfast bar, making the glasses shake in the cupboards underneath the bar.

Suddenly his eyes wandered to the countertop, where I put Zach's hoodie. "What is that?" He said through his teeth, looking back at me.

"Are you accusing me of something?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't realise what I did? If I'm correct that is Zach's hoodie" He snapped.

"So what if it is?" I snapped back. "We didn't do anything! At least the other boys came with me to the hospital to an ultrasound for your fucking child!" I shouted. "I just got his hoodie because I was tired! It's not like I went behind your back and slept with your best friend!"

He took a deep breath. "The ultrasound was today?" He hands loosened the fist and his eyes closed for a few seconds. "Is it a boy or a girl?" He whispered.

"It's a boy" I mumbled. He smiled through his tears.

He reached out to me. I look afraid at his hands, and I didn't even know why.

"Val, we have to make this right, I want to fight for you and our baby boy, you have to forgive me." He begged.

"I can't forgive you that easily" I said again.

"And honestly," I started. I took off my engagement ring and put it on the coffee table. "I don't know if I can ever."

-

short but dramatic and we all love drama amirite