Chapter 19

Hey people! I don’t own the Percy Jackson series or the Heroes of Olympus series. Today – for some weird reason -  I was thinking about all the couples in the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series. I thought they deserved a song. I came up with a couple.

Percabeth – Lucky: by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat

Jasper/Jiper – Crazier: by Taylor Swift   That’s all I have. Any other suggestions?

  RANDOM FACT: Mark of Athena will be written in the point of view of four demigods!

LEO

“YEAH, ANNABETH. OKAY, ANNABETH. I WILL. Fine.Okay. By- Yeah, okay. Fine bye.” Leo hastily hung up. For a long time he stared at his MQ666A-Leo yellow watch phone. He had changed the design of the watch a little, so that the watched was magically thinner and lighter. He could do nearly anything on that watch.

But the watch wasn’t what he was thinking of. Annabeth was getting restless. She just asked Leo for the hundredth time, if he could get them faster to Percy. But this time was different, she asked him to get the ship there in twenty-four hours. That was impossible. They had only just taken off, from the place Leo now knew to be Brest, France. Even with a smooth ride, it would take the Agro II at least two days to arrive in Rome. Rome was where Percy was being kept. The worst thing: Leo promised her. Leo always felt the need to be able to do everything, since he was a son of Hephaestus. But in truth, he was only half god.

He tried not to let the feeling of hopelessness overtake him. Neither did he let the guilt engulf him. He did neither of those things; instead he just set to work.

“Festus, I need you to fly to Rome as fast as you can!” Leo ordered to the air. He heard a whirring of gears in return. Leo smiled at his old friend. Leo ran to the ship’s control centre. Leo faced his new, -very own- sound sensitive, touch screen computer. He was scared of what the answer might be, but Leo asked, “How long will it take to get to Rome, Felix?”

Yes, Felix. Leo didn’t mention this amazing computer before, because he was sure that Jason would go on about Felix meaning: Fortunate, in Latin.

“About forty nine hours, Sir, if a smooth ride” Felix answered. Leo sighed in frustration, that wasn’t fast enough.

“Festus! I’ll give you lots, and lots of Oil and Tobasco sauce if you get this ship to Rome faster!” There was a lot of exiting whirring at this.

“Sir,” Felix interjected. “Sorry, but that is not possible. There are too many possibilities of the ship’s failure, and of attacks.”

“I know, Felix!” Leo tried not to get frustrated. “I just- can’t afford to get there any later. Please, just help me instead of telling me what I already know! Is there any way?” Felix took a while to reply, calculating. Leo felt weird pleading to a computer, but still, he was desperate for a possible way.

Still, there was only a calculating silence from Felix. “Hmph,” Leo was barely hanging on to any hope anymore. “I’ll tell Annabeth. Felix, tell me if you find a possibility”

“Of course, Sir” Felix answered as Leo slouched out of the door.

On the way to Annabeth’s cabin, Leo tried to find a safe way to tell her his news. He could imagine her flipping out on him, for bringing up her hopes for nothing.