Chapter 8

• Dedicated to Jonathan, my little brother, because we both know that Percy is awesome :)

I do not own HoO or PJ (<-- Lol) series! Rick Riordan owned them last time I said and still does now.

PERCY

PERCY WAS GLAD HE WASN'T DEAD. He was also glad Octavian wasn’t at the Senate Meeting too, because he didn’t think he’d be able to keep his cool if he was. Percy was happy to know the crowd hadn’t wanted him dead, because this whole camp seemed like a game of ‘who likes you most’. Percy took a seat next to Jason and Reyna at the front of the Senate House.

“Hey, thanks man, for back there.” Percy whispered to Jason out of the corner of his mouth.

Jason smiled and nodded. They had decided to share leadership, so they were both in charge of both camps, which was fine by Percy. Jason seemed like a good partner.

As the last of the campers filled in, Hazel and Frank being amongst them, the Senate Meeting started.

“Welcome campers, ghosts, and others. We have brought you here to discuss the Prophecy of the Seven...” Reyna started.

Percy had heard this introduction so many times; he knew it off by heart, so he started to zone out and inspect people.

Percy looked around and saw Annabeth, who was fiddling with her dad’s college ring on her necklace. Percy smiled, he remembered the first time he’d seen her do that, back in the days.

Percy spotted Leo, who looked uncomfortable and ashamed, Percy wondered why. He remembered the ‘Questioning.’

*

“Look Leo, this wasn’t your fault -” Percy started.

“Yeah, Percy, it was, I should have my powers under control. They were going to kill you for Zeus’s sake!” Leo cut in. He was still shaking and pale.

Percy was really mad at Octavian. That fraud had been waiting for the slightest opportunity to banish the Greeks. If he ever tried to pull a stunt like that again, Percy would make sure Octavian will never see the light of day again.

“Look, I’m okay, thanks for saving me back there, you’re a great friend.” With that, Leo scurried off.

*

Percy felt sad; Leo thought I had been his fault. Curse Octavian.

Through the crowd Percy spotted Rachel Elizabeth Dare, who was looking slightly green. Percy couldn’t blame her; she was supposed to give a Prophecy soon.

Looking at all his friends, Percy felt a familiar rush of pride, they were the best anyone could ever have.

Percy perked up at the mention of his name. Reyna was looking at him with a look he was familiar with. A look teachers give you when they ask you a question, even though they know you weren’t listening. Percy had gone through this a lot in Yancy Academy and his countless other schools, and he knew he had two choices. Either somehow answering the question correctly, or tell Reyna what she already knew, that he wasn’t listening. The first choice.

“What did she ask?” Percy asked Jason out of the corner of his mouth, as unnoticeably as possible.

“Who are the first three of the Prophecy?” Jason replied, following Percy’s example.