Chapter 10

I DO NOT CLAIM TO OWN THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES AND THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES! THEY BELONG TO THE AWESOME RICK RIORDAN!

JASON

JASON SMILED AT HIS GREEK HOME-SWEET-HOME. He was still going to get back at Leo for nearly killing him by landing, but for now, he felt in a peaceful mood.

Jason noticed that nothing had changed from when they left, just maybe the camp was a bit quieter. He knew this was because half of Camp Half-Blood had stayed at the Roman Camp, because if Gaea attacked, it would be the Roman Camp first.

Jason had missed the trees, the creek, the smell of strawberries on the hills, the forest, even though he had only been gone for three weeks. Camp Half-Blood just had a friendly feeling to it.

Jason could see Peleus, guarding the glittering Golden Fleece, perk up as he contemplated if the ship was a threat of not. Annabeth was off the ship first, jogging to Peleus and stating he had nothing to worry about by stroking his nose. Jason guessed it was around breakfast time when he saw the first few gloomy campers gathering. His suspicions were confirmed when a horn blew in the distance.

Percy had been watching too, and his face lit up mischievously, matching his already shining eyes. He gathered the Seven in circle and muttered, “guys, I have a plan. Let’s all blend in and pretend as if we were never gone, see if they notice us in the crowd. Don’t make it too obvious though!”

Annabeth rolled her eyes but smiled. “I’m in.” The others muttered in agreement, and Leo was almost bouncing with joy- “This is going to be awesome!”

Jason laughed. He glanced at Percy, who winked back, and understood why his friends loved him so much. Jason couldn’t wait to see the Greek camper’s faces. For some reason, he felt like his stomach was taking flight from excitement, as he ran down Half-Blood hill and blend with the Greeks, adrenaline rushing within him.

Jason thought that it would have probably been a better prank if more campers were there, but Chris Rodriguez, Katie Gardiner, Jake Mason and a couple other old timers had stayed back, so he had hope.

Percy was telling an uncomfortable Frank and Hazel not to worry, and that they should follow his lead, he would tell them where the Ares and Hades tables were.

The campers in the Dining Pavilion, were all strangely gloomy, but Jason guessed it was because so many camp leaders were gone, and they had all been like that since Percy went missing, or so he was told. Jason was surprised that no one noticed as the Seven took their seats at the tables. Percy told Hazel and Frank were to sit in a swift movement, so that went smoothly. In fact, nobody noticed until Chiron went through his daily announcements.

“… And may I just add that the pegasi lessons have been cancelled once more, for they have become even more restless since…” Chiron faded off gloomily. He turned his head hopefully to the Poseidon table, which he always had done since Jason could remember coming to camp, but he never expected that it wasn’t empty.

He gave a massive centaur-sized start when he saw Percy sitting on the table, with an enormous smile on his face. “Percy!” He exclaimed.

There was a confuse silence, in which Leo and Piper burst out laughing. Heads turned their way. Annabeth, Percy, and Jason couldn’t keep a straight face, they all cracked up, Hazel and Frank just gave nervous smiles. There was further confused silence, and then the Dining Pavilion exploded into cheers and yells.

Percy leaped from the bench. He looked so happy and lit up. The campers formed a crowd around him and bombarded him with questions. Jason saw Annabeth glower as several girls kissed Percy on his cheeks. There were a lot of hugs and greetings.