Chapter 2

ONCE AGAIN, I DO NOT OWN THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. THEY WILL ALWAYS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN AND STUFF, THIS IS JUST FANFICTION.

 I should've done this ages ago, but: Dedicated to XxDaughterOfHadesxX for helping making my story known :)

HAZEL

HAZEL COULDN’T SLEEP AT ALL THAT NIGHT. She kept thinking about that Greek boy called Leo and the prophecy. She hadn’t told anyone this but Hazel thought she knew what part of the prophecy meant, well, only the third line of it. An oath to keep with a final breath. At first she hadn’t been certain, but now she was sure of it. The prophecy was referring to her, and Frank’s firewood. It had to be. She had promised to keep the piece of wood for Frank with her life, what else could it mean?  Hazels mind was reeling now. Did that mean something was going to happen to the firewood? Hazel couldn’t let that happen. Not if Frank’s life depended on it.

Hazel started pacing, trying to think straight. What about Leo? Was he really Sammy? It seemed too much to ask for, plus, she liked Frank now, Sammy was the past. But Hazel couldn’t put it out of her mind. Hazel knew she was going to have to ask Leo if it was true, but then she would have to tell him about her secret! Hazel didn’t think she was ready to tell everyone yet, much less someone she only just met.

Hazel remembered seeing Leo come of the Argo II. She had stayed quiet during the arrival of the Greeks, in case she let something slip. Frank had been fine with that, staying quiet as he was shy. But when she saw Leo, she was struck about just how much he looked like Sammy. That cheeky smile. Thick, black, curly hair. Yep, definitely like Sammy. She couldn’t help but let the memories of them both rush back, but she kept her face neutral. She was with Frank now, and Hazel really liked Frank.

Then she remembered. Just to add to the list of her worries, there was also Nico di Angelo. Had he been captured? Had he just left? Hazel couldn’t bear to think what would happen to him if he was captured. In truth, Hazel really missed her brother. She tried to act otherwise, as if this wasn’t such a big problem. But it was. Nico had helped her so much in the past, the least she could do in return was search for him. Maybe, if it was needed, save him too. Hazel felt guilty and angry with herself, letting Nico take a look at the Doors of Death. He was so young!

Somebody knocked on the door and Hazel opened it, it was the girl called Piper. What is she doing here?

“Hey, Hazel right?” Piper said. Hazel nodded; her voice was dry from not speaking for so long.

“Sorry for coming so late, but I couldn’t sleep, so I took a walk and heard somebody pacing. That was you right?”

“Yes, it was. I couldn’t sleep either.” Hazel paused, and then added, “why don’t you come in?”

Piper smiled, and stepped into the room; closing the door behind her. “Thanks” she said cheerfully, and Hazel motioned her to sit on the bed opposite to hers. There were other people sleeping in the room, but Hazel wasn’t worried about them. They slept through everything.

Piper and Hazel sat through an awkward silence before Piper said, “So, you know Leo?”

Hazel was startled. How did she know? Piper giggled. “Your face might have been hard to read Hazel, but your eyes told a different story.” Hazel comprehended and guessed, being a daughter of Aphrodite, Piper was an expert on emotions.

Hazel sighed. “I thought I knew Leo, but couldn’t be possible, I mean, it was so long ago, probably just looks like him…” Hazel drifted off, deep in thoughts.

Piper examined Hazel’s face for a while. Then replied with, “you don’t have to say if you don’t want to, but, what exactly was that about?”she asked softly.