64/ Faker than Kylie Jenner's Lips

Fake friends. What a fun thing to deal with! They're those wonderful people in your life who talk about you behind your back, only hang out with you when it suits them, and generally plaster on plastic smiles before giving you bitch stares the minute you turn around.

Everyone's advice when dealing with fake friends is to ditch them, but when they're all you've got that can sound like a hard and impossible thing to do. They're not healthy for you, but just like every unhealthy thing you have to ween yourself off them to give them up completely.

Start by trying to make some new friends whilst still being 'friends' with those fake people. Talk to more people who you usually wouldn't, maybe you'll find that the girl who sits next to you in maths like your favourite band, or the boy whose locker is next to yours loves your favourite film. Try and build friendships with people which are built on actual foundations, ones where you have stuff to talk about which isn't just the other person's drama.

Once you've found some new people to speak to, start distancing yourself very slowly from those fake people. Sit with someone new at lunch, don't follow all their demands, and slowly you'll find yourself distancing without drama away from them.

You don't need those people in your life. Finding worthwhile friends is much more important. People who will support you rather than bring you down.

So rule sixty four of surviving Teenagehood: there is enough fakeness in this world, what with Photoshop and people trying to convince me that kale is nice, you don't need to settle for fake friends as well.