19/ It's Called A Crush For A Reason

That first crush, we never forget them. Whether it be on a celebrity or someone in your life, crushes usually end the same- the sad realisation that your crush most likely will never feel the same way about you. I'm still waiting on Harry Styles, never say never you know.

Dealing with a massive crush can be extremely difficult when your life suddenly becomes about this one person, and the way they smile, and the flick of their hair (and the flicka da wrist of course) and the way they say certain words... Wow they're so cute aren't they? I've found myself having to check myself at times because I've become so obsessed with someone, and that is something you have to do when you have a crush. Keep it all in perspective.

This person is never as great as you make them out to be, and before you argue with me, ask the people around you what they think. They probably aren't going to live up to the fantasy in your head, so don't put yourself down because you believe they are superior to you.

Getting over a crush is a complex task. Sometimes you just wake up and it's gone, other times you need a slap in the face to realise that you crush isn't worth your time, or you find another person to crush on. As teenagers, love is such an unfamiliar feeling so it's easy to fall into the trap of confessing that you 'love' your crush despite the fact that you've only ever spoken to them once or twice.

So rule nineteen of surviving Teenagehood: having a crush will most likely lead to your heart being crushed, but at least it gives you a good excuse to cry for hours.

How To: Survive Teenagehood जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें