9/ Live Like An Indie Movie Or At Least Watch One

I am one of those people who could watch films for days on end, and some of my favourite films to watch are 'indie' movies. The Sundance kind of films. I don't know why, but usually they're pretty cool and I often find myself wishing that I could live like the people in the film.

And that's the problem. Simply wishing isn't going to change anything. Living your life to fullest, doing cool things, and following your passions is all very possible if you try! Okay maybe I won't be flying on a plane to Malibu anytime soon, but I can at least camp outside with my friends under the stars and relive that moment in that film I can't remember the name of.

The world is an exciting place, and there is probably so much you can do close to home cheaply that you haven't even thought about. Picnics in the park, taking the bus/train to a different city for the day, even just trying a new restaurant. Spice up your life.

These are the best years of you life, make the most of them. I always like to do things that I know will make dinner-table talk when I'm adult, memories that I will look back on. Find cheap concerts to attend, go thrift shopping with your friends, make delicious food or at least try to. Live a little. Get out of old habits of sitting at home all day on your phone and do something! It can even be in your house- learn a new skill like beatboxing.

Don't waste your days away because you'll come to regret it. I feel like I've been doing a lot of stuff recently because I'm rebelling against getting older. I don't think I'm ready for adult responsibilities just yet; I've got a few years left till that happens and I want to make the most of them.

So rule nine of surviving Teenagehood: even if you think you're trash, don't waste your life away (get my pun?!)