42/ Perfection Is A Myth, Pass It On

I feel like we all put so much pressure on ourselves when it comes to achieving academic success. Academic success means a lot of things for a lot of people, and your definition may be something completely different to mine. It's perfectly okay to set yourself goals, hell it's so productive if you do, but when it gets to the stage that you're literally working yourself to burning out you need to learn when to stop.

If you're finding yourself feeling constantly anxious about school work, and spending all your free time working I need you to just stop for a minute. Hard work is such a positive thing to do, but you need to let yourself relax as well. The brain can't work for sixteen hours a day, and we all need something to relax ourselves. Working until you literally fall asleep on your work isn't healthy.

Mental health is a huge part of success in school, and taking care of it is just as important (if not more) as maintaining good grades. If you work yourself to the ground, one day you'll snap and can't do anymore.

Finding a healthy balance between work and play is something that can be a struggle. I know I'm guilty of doing far too much play when I should be working. We're all different people and know our own limits, so if you find yourself either too stressed from working or too stressed from not working - fix that problem.

We have to be the people to shake our own shoulders and wake us up. We need to be in charge of our academic life.

So rule forty two of surviving Teenagehood: y'all need sleep as well as revising and memes.

Just want to take a moment to thank everyone for reading this book, it's insane how many of you there are. I've never really addressed it, but I am so grateful for the support on this book. Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and helping each other in the comment's section. This isn't the end btw, just wanted to thank you all.