3/Crying At 3am Will Leave You Dehydrated

We've all been there, hugging our duvet to our chest while we cry our hearts out to no one but the night sky. It's terribly romantic really. Being sad is a side effect of puberty, and we all feel it in different strengths and at different times. Sometimes this sadness can envelop people, leading to depression or eating disorders but that's for a different chapter.

Hormones mess with us, and we all find ourselves crying at random moments in our life, and yes sometimes it is at 3am while you think about your insignificance. But hey, it's okay to cry sometimes. Getting out that sadness, those saline tears, makes us feel better inside. You don't need a reason to feel sad- your emotions are valid.

Don't feel like you have to bottle those tears up, they aren't a sign of weakness. They are simply a sign of how you're feeling inside, just like a smile or furrowed eyebrows. Being sad is okay, because we all have to feel sad at some point. If we never felt sadness, happiness would become terribly mundane and boring. It's those moments of darkness that make our happier memories shine even more.

So rule three of surviving Teenagehood: cry as much as you want to, just remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated.