8/ Be An Armadillo

What do you want to be when you're older? It's a question we get asked a lot in our lives, and we seem to give a lot of answers. My mum asked me this question when I was two, and being the incredibly intelligent child I was, I answered simply that I wanted to be an armadillo. I still think it's a pretty realistic goal in life.

Thinking about the future can be scary, and as you get older and older things things like university choices/ apprentices loom over us and sometimes we have to make huge choices. I for one know that I've had to think a lot about my future due to choosing my A Levels, which has made me think about universities.

It's okay to not know what you want to do. Some people figure it out to the minor details, and I've heard plenty of people around me list off what will happen in the next ten years of their life. I don't know what I want to do, all I know is that the next five years of my life are going to be incredibly stressful.

When I think about the future I know I get massively stressed, and begin to overthink everything around me. Take deep breaths and calm down. It's a long way off, and there is always a way to sort things out. Being an adult may seem like the scariest/ most exciting thing to ever happen to you, but make sure not to waste away these teenage days.

But when you do think about future career options, don't just limit yourself to the 'safe' options. What job would you actually enjoy and love? And then you need to find out what qualifications you need for that job, what you have to do to acquire a job like that. Do some research into potential job offers.

So rule eight of surviving Teenagehood:  be whatever the hell you want to be, but maybe don't aspire to be placental mammal.