51/ JUST DO IT

In the words of Shia LaBeouf, just do it

We all have dreams that we never think will be possible, so we treat them like fantasies and never actually consider them as possible. We all long for a certain future, but we continue to sit around and never do anything about it.

If you never try, you'll never know. Who cares if you get rejected, what does it matter if things don't work out. Actively doing something to achieve your dreams is the first step to living those dreams. People don't just become famous singers and actors because they were born like that, they worked hard and never stopped trying until they got their break.

Recently I've decided to take my own advice and start posting videos on YouTube of me singing because being a singer is something I have always dreamed of. And guess what, it makes me feel good. It gives me hope that maybe one day someone will see these videos. It's a way more productive than what I was doing before which was sitting at home wishing that a music producer would magically appear and make me a number one song.

Get out there and start making your dreams happen. You want to be an actor/actress? Audition for your school plays, look and see if productions are being put on in your city or town that you could be in. Apply for auditions for even the smallest of roles. What to be a scientist? Try and meet people who are living your dream, visit museums and research centres, read books and watch documentaries.

Nothing will ever happen to you if you do nothing.

So rule fifty one of surviving Teenagehood: seek and ye shall find.