7/ Knights In Rusty Armour Are Equally As Outdated As Shiny Ones

Ah love- a topic I have zero experience with. And you know what that is totally fine, because I am still young and I'm sure my time will come when I find someone to fall utterly in love with that I can recreate that scene in the Notebook with (you know the one). Or I could end up living alone, not with cats though cause I don't like animals (don't kill me).

There can be a huge pressure to date as a teenager, and to find someone to date. There are some people I know who are more focused on finding a boyfriend/girlfriend than actually doing their schoolwork and hanging out with their friends. I mean I get that you want someone to love but jeez I'm sure you can find a free Saturday to hang out with me. Am I salty? Nooooo. Not salty at all.

Teenage relationships usually end in disaster not gonna lie, and despite how cute some of the couples in my year are I can't help but think what hell the aftermath of their breakup will be. Call me a pessimist, but I honestly think nine times out of ten, teenage relationships end in an awkward/messy breakup.

And yet despite the prospect of being utterly heartbroken or breaking someone else's heart, I still long for a lover. I mean I'm not sure where I'm going to find this person, but I can't help pining for it. And I know my case isn't unique to me.

Don't get disheartened when you aren't in a relationship with someone, and definitely don't go out looking for someone everyday. You're in high-school, I think you have a few more years before you have to go on a hunt for a partner. At the end of the day, you don't want to end up in a relationship with someone you hate just for the sake of it.

And if you are currently in a relationship, remember to be sensible. Don't completely forget your schoolwork and education, because you need that you know. And don't blow off your friends, they will be there when your relationship goes through rough patches and they'll be there if the relationship doesn't work out.

So calm down about this whole dating thing. It isn't the most important thing in your world, and you have many more years to come to experiment with love and relationships.

So rule seven of surviving Teenagehood: I mean having someone to love would be nice, but a bowl of pasta would also be nice. Food will always bring happiness, and at least when you're single you don't have to share food.