16/ You Haven't Lived Without At Least One Bad Haircut

If you're like me and incredibly impulsive, you'll know the feeling of dread when you get a new, drastic haircut and it's not quite what you were hoping for. This has happened at least three times in my short life, one of which involved cutting off all my hair into a bob that just didn't work. It's taken two years to grow my hair back. Shake my head.

But experimenting with your style and with yourself is all a big part of growing up, and if you don't try something once than how will you know that you don't like it? Don't cower away from doing drastic things like cutting your hair because you're worried about if people won't like it, because you don't have time for that. Live in the moment, and do what you want to.

I feel like all my chapters are moving into one big 'try new things ' campaign and I'm sorry that literally all my ideas revolve around this ideology, but it really is the best way to make the most of your teenage years. Who wants to be cool all the way through their teenage years? Now I can laugh and look back at my terrible hairstyles (there's been a few) rather than say that I always had boring hair.

At the end of the day, hair grows back. If you don't like something it usually isn't permanent (except if it's a tattoo maybe), so don't doubt yourself and your actions too much. Be sensible, I know some parents aren't too happy with wacky hairstyles, but also free yourself a little.

So rule sixteen of Teenagehood: you need to create your awkward teenage photos to look back on and laugh at.