47/ Let's Talk About Sex Baby, Let's Talk About You And Me...

Yet another topic which I have zero experience in. BUT do not click off yet because you think that this means I will automatically have nothing of any interest for you to read, because I have gathered together all of the advice my far more experienced friends have given me to create a comprehensive guide on sex, safety, and consent.

Now the first thing to remember is that in no way shape or form should you ever feel like you have to have sex just because everyone else is. Peer pressure and feeling left out can force people to do things for the sake of it, and I just don't think that's right. Honestly, wait until you know you're comfortable with that idea and its with someone you trust.

Consent is vital on both sides of this argument. Verbal consent from a conscious and able-to-make-choices (i.e not black out drunk) person needs to be given by both parties each and every time. No consent, no sex. Because without consent the act of sexual intercourse becomes rape.

Protection! This is important ladies, gentlemen and everyone else because we do not want any unplanned pregnancies or diseases to happen. We all know about condoms, the pill, the morning-after pill but that is not all. For my lesbian, bi, pans and any other person who is interested in sex between two vaginas, it's time to get a dental dam.  It's a thin layer of latex that acts as a barrier (much like a conventional condom) and prevents the exchange of bodily fluids hence preventing STIs and STDs. Stay safe kids.

This might be quite controversial but personally I believe that having sex should be between two people (or more) who trust each other but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be in a romantic relationship. I think sometimes we put so much pressure on finding the one, and if that works for you then keep doing that but don't feel like you can't experiment if you want to just because you don't have a boyfriend/ girlfriend.

When it comes down to the actually deed itself, I obviously don't have any firsthand advice for you guys but after a quick Google search I have found some top tips for y'all to have fun doing things like this.

1. Warm up before you get down to it. Don't overlook foreplay.

2. USE LUBE.

3. Do not copy the things you see in porn.

4. No seriously, the main advice is to use lube.

So rule forty seven of surviving Teenagehood: if ya want to get down, do it safely kids.