46/Being Alone Doesn't Always Have To Be Lonely

Giving yourself time alone to reflect and relax can sometimes seem like a waste of time. Why would you take time out of your busy day to just sit and think about nothing?

There's this stigma that we always have to be doing things and seeing people to mean that our time is well spent, but we all need to give ourselves alone time in order to keep our sanity.

Some people like meditation, but if you're like me and can't seem to do that I find talking to myself in front of a mirror (as weird as that sounds) about life and what I'm doing is really therapeutic. It can be for five minutes or a whole hour, but I find that I afterwards I feel like I understand everything around me a bit better.

Taking days off where you don't really communicate with anyone can be really  good at restoring a sense of calmness in your life, and help you deal with difficult situations. Hell, even if you just watch Netflix all day that's still valid time spent if it helps you to de-stress.

So rule forty-six of surviving Teenagehood: other people may be out partying while you're at home eating cookie dough, but I think we know whose really having the best time here.