20/ I Have To Have Actual Skills?

Some teenagers seem to live in this bubble where the only responsibility they have in life is to breathe and do their homework. Sometimes they don't even do the latter. It's so easy to get swept up in the life of being a teenager, that actual life skills are forgotten. Who cares if you can't cook, at least you can snapchat and brush your teeth at the same time? Right?

Learning vital life skills such as being able to cook and handle finances is something that every teenager should learn before they become an adult because it stops the real world being such a shock. I learnt how to cook at school, and I make a mean pasta bake I'll have you know. The finance thing I'm still working on (guiltily hides all the books I've splurged on this week).

Some schools are kind enough to teach some of these skills in lesson times (I will forever remember my Food & Nutrition teacher- it was my favourite subject), but if your school doesn't teach these skills there are so many way to pick up vital skills by yourself. Cooking requires you to just google things online, and it's actually not too hard to cook the basics. Finance guidance can also be found online. It's all about taking the initiative to look for this information and teach yourself these things.

Learning important stuff now will save you so much time when you're an adult.

So rule twenty of surviving Teenagehood: you can't live off takeaways for the rest of your life sadly.