Sunny Days House for the Mentally ill

*Katniss's POV*   

    "Hello, you must be Ms. Everdeen and Mr. Hawthorne!" An overly enthusiastic woman stands in front of me and the other person going to Sunny Days Mad House. A bright pink wig sits on her head, ridiculous Capitol fashions. She wears a turquoise frilly dress and lime green heels that look anything but comfortable, and they make her 4 inches taller. Makeup is heavily caked on her face, probably to make her look 'younger', though she doesn't look very old.

    "Ya, I'm Katniss." I say, not making any attempt to shake her hand or anything. The boy next to me just glares at her. She looks at us for a moment, the sounds of the train station around us filling our ears.

   "Okay, well," She snaps out of it. She turns slightly and says to us "Come, come."

   We walk out of the station. Neither of us have our bags; some attendants said that they would be delivered to us. The brightly colored woman leads us into the parking lot, which is filled with cars. She walks up to a black one with tinted windows, and opens the door. She lets us get inside before getting in herself. The inside has leather seats and a mini fridge built into it. There's a small mirror, or more likely a two way mirror, that stretches across the width of the town car. I'm guessing the driver sits up there, just waiting to drive us to the funny farm.

   I sigh and look out the windows as we drive, ignoring the Capitol woman's blabbering. A million lights fly past the windows as we speed through the city. Soon enough the lights become fewer and we are driving in a less posh part of the Capitol. The car turns down a tree lined road and stops a couple minutes later. The Capitol woman quickly ushers us out of the town car, and I look up at the building in front of us. Four stories tall, thirty windows at most, dull gray brick, a neatly trimmed lawn. A sign sat in front of the building, thick gray stone, and the words 'SUNNY DAYS HOUSE FOR THE MENTALLY ILL'. I groaned internally. Fan-freaking-tastic.

   The Capitol woman practically pushed us inside. She ushered us inside the doors and before me was the front counter of the mental hospital. A small woman sat at the desk, she smirked. "Ms. Katniss Everdeen, and Mr. Gale Hawthorne." It wasn't a question, she knew. I and the boy next to me nodded numbly. She nodded and stood from her desk. She nodded to the woman that brought us here "You can go now, Effie." She said.  The capitol woman, Effie, nodded stiffly and left.

   The woman behind the desk held up her finger to us as she typed in a number into the phone on her desk. She quickly said something into the phone and hung up. She smiled at us. "Someone will be down here in a second to show you around." She said. As she said this a small girl jumped down the stairs. She was very young, probably thirteen at most. She had dark skin, and big brown eyes. Her thick black hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She grinned up at us.

     "Hi!" She almost sang. "I'm Rue!"

A/N: HI! Sorry for the short chapters! I'm gonna try to upload every day, but no promises. Remember Gale and Katniss don't know each other in this story. thnx~Montey