That was a dream?

Something in me awakens, needing that feeling again. That power. That feeling that, despite what people are telling me, I can break through magic. I can't let this stupid curse stop me!

So I get off the cot. I try to stand and the room swims in my vision, making me stumble against the wall. I close my eyes tight and press my hands against my temples. 

I have to do this. I can do this. I'm the only one.

Don't ask me how I know. It's not something I can describe, it's... this feeling. Not a good feeling, but more a... presence. Like I know, somehow, I can break out of here, curse or no curse. 

I open my eyes again to walk. Using the wall to help keep myself up, I slowly make my way out of my room and down the hallway. I'm loud. I know I am. But nobody comes, but for a snore here and there. 

I close my eyes again halfway. My vision is spinning. I can't keep going... I just need to lie down... go back to sleep... I've only got a day left, anyway...

No!

I snap my eyes back open. I can't give up, I'm the only one who can get out!

I push off the wall again and march down the hallway, tripping sometimes but making it to the magical gate. I lay my palm flat against it like I did in the dream. I lay my other hand against it as well, feeling the magic moving underneath me, swirling with strength. 

I close my eyes and just breathe for a minute. Ignoring the headache. Ignoring the side stitch. Ignoring the fact that I will die today, since it's past midnight, or tomorrow. 

I breathe out. 

I open my eyes, abandoning my dream, and slowly let my focus slide off the magic and into myself, searching for myself. My hands grow cold and my power spreads from my palms, slowly making a crackling sound as it freezes the barrier. I don't remove my hands until I can see the entire magical wall covered in a layer of frost. 

I close my eyes.

Love melts ice. Every time. Every time. So why can't it melt what's already frozen?

I pull images of all my friends, my mother, Dude, Carlos, and my adventures with them. I pull memories of all my dates, of bashing Hector into a wall, and an image of what Auradon will be when we stop Uma. 

I open my eyes and smile, for in front of me is not a frozen barrier. 

A melted pool of what looks like liquid gold is on the ground. I kneel down, still slightly dizzy, and try to touch the gold. Wherever my finger descends, the gold slides away from. I stand back up, my head spinning and my veins giving a blue glow off on the walls. 

"GUYS!" I yell. "C'mere!"

Sera pops her head out instantly and sees me. "ICY!" she roars. She bounds over to me and catches me just as I fall. "What the HECK were you thinkin'?!"

"I wasn't." I mumble. Carlos comes out next and has about the same reaction. 

"ELLIE!" about half of the prison is yelling. Only after everybody's done getting angry with me does everybody notice. 

"HEY! The magic's gone!" Sera so wisely notices. 

"Dummies." I mutter, still supported by her. Sera looks around incredulously.

"Well, are we gettin' out or are we gettin' out? Let's go, y'all!" She pushes me off her and bounds out quick. Carlos catches me at the last second. 

"Thanks." I mumble. He smiles. 

"At least you're punishing yourself for using them. Just don't use them again, okay?"