50

I smile at my precious baby boy as he sleeps in his crib peacefully. I cover him up with the blanket Marcel's grandmother had knitted him and leave him to rest. Aiden is taking a nap on the couch while Jessie sits at the dining room table waiting for me to join her. I sit down and just take everything in. I'm marrying the kid that I saved in high school. I have a baby with the boy that was in love with me. After everything, after four years of helping him get through the most horrible years of his life... I get to be with him for the rest of my life. Our life.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jessie says and I look up at her.

"I'm just thinking about how everything worked out. It feels like just yesterday I was keeping a bunch of assholes from hurting Marcel." I say, looking at my hands that are placed on the table. "I love him so much, Jessie." I say softly and quietly. "I love him so much and there's no other guy in this world that I'd rather be with."

She places her hands over mine and squeezes it. "I know you do, Ri. You two are so utterly perfect for each other and I wouldn't want to see you with anyone else."

"It's crazy that we have kids now, Jessie. I can't believe I'm finally getting married," Just as I'm finished my sentence, there's a knock at the front door. I groan and stand up. "No more surprises." I say and open it. Brittany stands there with a tall, brown haired guy who isn't Austin, and she's holding a baby carrier.

"Riley!" She shouts, handing the carrier to the guy standing beside her and pulls me in for a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm great! I didn't expect you to be here today. I was expecting you next week!" I pull away and look at the mystery guy. "Where's Austin and who is this?"

"Oh, um.. This is Taylor. I actually have to talk to you about something, just not right now." She says. "Taylor, this is Riley, my cousin."

"It's nice to meet you Riley," He uses his free hand to shake mine. He has sort of a southern type of accent. Brit takes the baby carrier from him and I look down to see a gorgeous baby girl.

"She's so cute!" I say and she sits on the couch and begins to unbuckle her.

"Her name is Valerie," Taylor tells me and I smile at him. Jessie comes into the living room and sits beside Brittany. She takes Valerie out of the carrier and places her in my arms. I look down at her in awe.

"She's so beautiful," I say and I can feel all of them looking at me. "I hope that my next child is a girl."

"Um, Riley can I talk to you in the kitchen?" Brit asks and I nod. I hand Taylor the baby and we make our way to the kitchen.

"So, Taylor and I have been seeing each other since before Valerie was born.. before she was even thought of. Austin and I weren't working out, and I met Taylor at a party, and we clicked. Austin was cheating on me for months, and I didn't know it. When I found out, I had also found out that I was pregnant and it wasn't by Austin because we hadn't had sex in so long... Taylor is Valerie's father. Austin and I tried to patch up our relationship, and that's why we showed up at your baby shower together, but it was impossible for us to work out when I was in love with someone else."

I stare at her in complete shock, not sure what to say. The guy that I've grown to love is no longer someone in my cousin's life. I'm glad that she told me... better late than never. I just can't believe it due to how in love she and Austin were.

"Say something," She says and I snap out of my shocked state.

"Are you happy?" I ask.

"I'm more than just happy, Ri. I'm so relieved and relaxed. I love Taylor with all of my heart and I couldn't ask for someone better. He's my Marcel and I'm his Riley."

an:

sorry for the short chapter! please vote and just comment what you think so far!