7

After putting Mia down for her nap, Zayn and I were sat in the living room talking.

"But how do you not have a boyfriend? You were gorgeous in high school. Not that you're not gorgeous anymore, but I just don't understand." He says just as he's placing our glasses of hot tea on the table sat in front of us. I sigh and look at him.

"Because I haven't found the one yet. Well I did find the one, but I can't be with that one." I explain truthfully and pick up my tea to take a sip. He stares at me for a few seconds before actually speaking.

"Marcel was the one, wasn't he?" He asks as he plays with his fingers. I stare off into space, not really knowing what to say even though it's so easy just to say the word, yes. I just wasn't up to admitting it. Zayn places his hand on my shoulder and smiles a heart warming smile.

"It's alright, Riley. I already know he is." His smile fills my eyes but it doesn't make me feel any better. Everyone knew Marcel was the one for me even before we started dating. Jessie was so sure that we were perfect for each other. And we were. We were the perfect two. That reminds me of that song by that girl Auburn. Perfect Two. Hm. Fuck, Riley! Shut up, shut up, shut up! Stop thinking about Marcel! You are here with Zayn, not Marcel!

"You ok?" Zayn's voice rings through my ears. I turn my head to look at him but instantly nod when I comprehend what he had asked. I slightly nod my head and take small sips from my glass due to it's hotness.

"I'm fine. I just miss him to tell the truth. Everything was ruined that one Sunday afternoon. And it's my fault because I just had to go to Starbucks to get a stupid fucking frappe." I frown as he chuckled softly.

"Wait, the two of you broke up because you wanted a frappe?" He also sets his tea down and focuses all his attention on me. I giggle at his question while shaking my head. "No, no. We met a girl there, and long story short, she invited him to her house later on that day and he wanted to go, I refused to, we started arguing, he said some hurtful things, I threw my frappe at his face and he exploded." I say nonchalantly. "But it was his fault. He shouldn't have wanted to go to another girls house." He defends, obviously taking my side.

"But Zayn, it was his sister that I didn't even know about. He wanted to surprise me. If I wouldn't have thrown that frappe at him, he probably would have told me and we would probably still be together." I explain, now defending Marcel.

"Ohhhh. I see, I see." He trails off. "But how do you know it was his sister if you guys broke up all that time ago?" He asks curiously.

"Well, when you called last night, that's who my friend was. I had him and his sister over and she explained everything. But sadly, Marcel didn't want to fix anything between us. Well, he did. But he only wants to be friends. I didn't tell him that I wanted to be with him. Although he did kiss me..." I say and begin to think. "Ok so he did want to get back together, but being as stupid as I am, I rejected him." I say, now realizing how ridiculous and stupid I am.

"Well, do you want to be with him?" He asks again.

"Of course I wanna be with him. But I just don't think I can. It just doesn't feel right. At least not yet." I answer, not really wanting to continue this conversation. He nods his head understandingly and we sit in silence. Just as he parts his lips to speak, we heard crying through the baby monitor and I stand up as he goes to.

"Stay here. I'll go get her." I assure him and quickly walk up the stairs. I enter the medium sized pink walled room and make my way over to the white crib that Mia lies in. I gently pick her up, rocking her small body in my arms. I brush my finger tip over the top of her head ever so softly and whisper to her.

"Shh, it's ok Mia." I bounce her slightly in my arms and I hear her door creek open. I instantly turn around, my green eyes meeting Zayn's brown ones. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. His tall body leans against the door frame, crossing his arms over his chest as he watches me. I sit in the rocking chair and look at the precious infant in my arms. Zayn slowly makes his way over to us.

"You're really good with babies, y'know." He compliments. "You're going to be a great mother one day." A smirk forms on his lips.

"Aw Zayn. That is the sweetest thing you've ever said to me. I honestly can't wait to have a baby. You know how some people were born to be or do something?" I ask when I look up and meet his gaze.

"Yeah, why?" He sits on the floor and sits back on his hands.

"Well I feel like I was born to be a wife and a mom. I've always had a special spot in my heart for babies and just the thought of having a family causes my heart to flutter." I grin and Marcel crosses my mind. The smile on my face disappears and I just brush off the thought of being with him.

"Well, whoever gives that to you one day is a lucky guy." He says.

I smile at him then at Mia.

"Yeah, hopefully I'll get that one day soon." My voice is soft and quiet.