30

Marcel's POV•

We stood around many crowds of people and I must say, Riley stands out the most. She is wearing her hair down and curly, a black long sleeved shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. The Williams haven't spotted me yet, and quite honestly I don't think I'm ready to witness their grieving. Riley had her arms crossed and was looking around while I stood silently with my hands in my pockets, also looking around at all of the people here. Kyle's casket is at the front of the room, and Riley and I decided that we were going to wait until towards the end of the viewing to go up to it.

"Ah, Marcel." Mrs.Williams walks towards me with open arms. "It's so great of you to join us this evening." She wrapped her small arms around me tightly as I hug back. Riley smiled at me sympathetically.

"Mrs.Williams, this is my.." I look at Riley, not necessarily sure as to what to call her since she gave her ring back to me.

"Hi, I'm Riley. Marcel's fiancé." Riley held her hand out, but Mrs.Williams pulled her into a hug.

"Hello, dear. Thank you, also for coming tonight." She smiled. "Your fiancé is such a great man. Kyle really loved him." She began to tear up and I could feel the lump forming in my throat. Riley rubbed her back reassuringly.

"I'm so sorry." Riley said softly.

"Oh honey, he's in a better place now. I'm sure he will be looking down on all of us." She was being really strong and I give her credit for that. "This has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but when are you due?"

"September." Riley smiles, looking down at her stomach while rubbing it.

"May I?" Mrs.Williams holds her hand over Riley's belly.

"Of course."

"Aw, Marcel. You didn't tell me that you had a fiancé and a baby on the way. This is amazing. Congratulations to the both of you."

"Thank you." I smile just as Riley looks up at me with a glow in her beautiful green eyes. I love her so much, it's not even explainable. I miss the way her lips feel against mine and the way her hand fits perfectly into mine like a puzzle piece. I know it has only been nearly a day, but it's also the longest we've went without kissing or holding hands and it's driving me insane.

"Marcel." Riley snaps her fingers in front of my face and I blink before my eyes adjust on her face.

"Huh?"

"When would you like to go up to the casket?" She asks, running her hand up and down my arm slowly. It gave me goosebumps, and I know she felt them under her soft touch. This is what I get for wearing a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

"Now. I don't want to stay much longer." I say honestly and she nods. As we're walking up to the casket, Riley quickly grabs ahold of my hand when she sees Kyle. I slightly squeeze her hand.

Riley's POV•

"Are you ok?" My voice is soft and I lean into his side. He nods his head and I could tell that he was about to break. Marcel can never keep his emotions in.

"I still feel like it's my fault. I'm his doctor and he was coming to me for everything that was going on, and this is what happens." Tears slowly stream down his cheeks and I rub his back.

"It's not your fault. Your plan was to save him. God had different plans. He needed one more angel, and he took one of the best from you guys." I wrap my arm around his waist and he sniffles. I pull away and stand in front of him, wiping his tears with my sleeves.

"Do you want me to leave you alone for a few minutes or-"

"No, please.. Just stay with me." His breathing is steady and he grips onto my hand, causing my breathing to become rapid as my heart flutters due to his touch.