35

I'm not over reading this so sorry for any spelling mistakes!

I'm awoken by the cries of Ashton and soon, him and Marcel are going to be hearing my cries. I haven't slept good in over a week, but on the other hand, Marcel has. He thinks it's a 'Mothers Job' when the baby starts crying. This mother is about to go insane. I slide off of my bed, but before I was fully off Marcel grabs my arm.

"I'll get him this time, babe." He says in his tired, raspy voice before getting up and walking to Ashton's room. I lay back down, and when I close my eyes, I'm instantly drifting into a light sleep. What feels like seconds later, I'm woken up again.

"Riley, he won't stop crying. And I tried fixing him a bottle in the microwave but when I took it out, it was too hot and I dropped it and it spilled everywhere." Marcel whines and I let out a sigh.

"How long did you put it in for?" I ask out of curiosity.

"A minute and thirty seconds."

"What? Are you insane?" I quickly get up and take Ashton from Marcel, trying to calm him down.

"Why would you ask such a stupid question?" He scoffs at me.

"Why would you do such a stupid thing?" I shoot back and he rolls his eyes.

"This is why it's a mothers job to take care of the baby. Fathers don't do that shit like changing diapers, making bottles, calming them down and all of that other stuff." He runs his hands through his hair and his words really tug at my heart. How could he say such a thing?

"You're an ass." I mutter loud enough for him to hear before I walk out of the room, slamming the door then walking to the kitchen with Ashton in my arms. I hold him in one while using my other to fix him a bottle. I put it in the microwave for thirty seconds and when it's done, I squirt it on my hand to see wether it's too warm or not warm enough. Lucky for me, it was the perfect temperature so I begin to feed him. I walk in the living room and sit down as he drank his bottle and kicked his feet. I sit in silence, just staring at how gorgeous he is. He's got the softest skin and hair. The smallest hands and feet. And he is extremely tiny. He favors Marcel like crazy and I can't help but smile when the memory of Marcel talking about what our kids would look like pops into my head. He was always so nervous around me... I was so head over heals for the boy. I loved his squeaky voice and how he'd be so concerned about his textbooks when someone knocked them out of his hands. He acted as if they were the most fragile things in the world... I wonder if that's how he is going to be someday soon with Ashton. It really breaks my heart to think of the words Marcel just recently said to me. Both parents have the same job, and that's taking care of their kids. I know it's just his patience and tiredness getting the best of him.. but it still hurt.

When I notice Ashton sleeping, I take the bottle away from his mouth and replace it with a blue pacifier. I grab his blanket that Anne had bought him off of the couch and walk him to his room and laying him down gently into his crib. I want to stay away from Marcel for a bit, to let him know that I am really upset with him so I decide to grab blankets and a pillow from the hallway closet and sleep on the couch.

As I'm walking to the couch, I hear the bedroom door handle and I quickly lay down and cover up to act as if I'm sleeping. I hear him let out a soft huff, signaling that he now knows that I'm upset. His footsteps come closer and before I know it, he's lifting the blanket and laying behind me, pulling me closer to him so that my back is against his front. When he puts his arm over my waist, he intertwines his fingers in mine during the process and snuggles closer. He presses his lips to the back of my head, giving me several kisses which makes me smile. He intertwines our legs together and he starts to talk softly.